Unusual 12" Alnico speaker can anyone id?

Matt_Storm

I have acquired this unusual speaker and currently trying to find some info on it, it does work but needs some repair - the surround glue has deteriorated. Any info appreciated :)

Attachments

• P1030643.JPG
    P1030643.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 108
  • P1030644.JPG
    P1030644.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 95
  • P1030645.JPG
    P1030645.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 104
Yeah, I have no idea either. I'm not really good at identifying oddball drivers, so it's no surprise. Sure looks neat though!

Biggles

The magnet assembly does look British, for sure. What looks even more British is the the Made in England stamped into the frame.

Sorry, don't mean to be a smart ass. Just can't help myself, I guess.

Wharfedale - one of the woofers from an early W90. Oddly, they used one with this flat faced cone, and the other a conventional cone in the same speaker... not sure if they used that one in any other models.

Think frommerstop has it. The refoam doesn't look all that well done -- off center and possibly wrong dimensions. Of course it might be a replacement for the flat cyanoacetate foam that is nonobtanium.

Thats great thank you everyone! i did think it would be wharfedale or maybe fane but searches still came up with nothing. It is slightly off center because it is not attached to the surround but it just looks like the glue has disintegrated holding it together so should be an easy fix :)

Back
Top Bottom