Show Us Your Listening Chair

I think I'm addicted to vintage... :oops:
$

I need to get myself a listening chair. And a listening room to put it in. And a bigger house to accommodate the listening room. In a different area because large houses where I live are :eek:$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm only an hour from Auckland, where median house prices are close to the $1000000 mark now. That is driving up prices in my city like crazy :-(

[QUOTin="32995, post: 9877893, member: 176800"]Thank you! Cats are the best even though claws and hair does not always rhyme well with audio gear :p[/QUOTE]
Mine hassle each other to claim my chairs. Sometimes two on lap while listening.

Just upgraded from a bright red Poang with blond wood to this faux Eames chair. Got it cheap (about $350 equivalent USD) and brought it home in a taxi. The base was a bit wobbly and the seller suggested adding a washer. Got to the hardware store today and got an assortment of steel washers and an Allen wrench kit and went to work.

Took about 10 minutes and a 25 cent washer and the stability was much improved.

The pillow is from, you guessed it, IKEA, the same collection as the side table and the bench.

There is an upgrade in overall comfort but the Poang was really nothing to complain about other than the color scheme and it was too much IKEA.

DSC_0462.JPG

I had a big bean bag chair a long time ago, but my father threw it away. I found this looking for pictures of bean bag chairs.

33300c7296953ed3ccd34d9a1aec4963.jpg

Not as comfortable looking as some of the other postings, but it's got the right history. :)

View attachment 746657

And then there were two. My other dog was getting jealous. :)

The new one (on the left) had its plastic black armrest in about 5 pieces. About 10 mixes of JB weld, primer then bondo and paint. First time I ever made a mold out of play dough and poured JB weld to make the front end of the left hand rest.

IMG_8278.JPG IMG_8281.JPG

Back
Top Bottom