picked up a mx112

mark warren

Music Lover!
I got this for 450.00, it will go with my mc-2105 amp. this unit is very clean and was just serviced. what do you guys think of the mx112 preamp/tuner? s-l1600.jpg 649039664_large_effe69b94eb9d042d11774e4a523d1af.jpg

I've had several. I used one with an MC2505 for
several years in my office at Rockford. The tuner is quite exceptional really. The lack of inputs is really the only beef I had.

Very nice and an excellent match to your 2105.I believe it is a combination of the C26 + MR73.

I think the tuning knob came from an MR77.

I am very excited about these! My amp is being serviced right now, when I get it back I am sure I will be very happy. I really like the look of these two pieces. Thanks for the feedback. :music:

I remember buying an MX112 and MC2505 from a woman in Little Rock. Both were in walnut cabinets and she had treated them with kid gloves since new. She sold me the pair for less than $500 (hey - this was like '94) as she had upgraded to a Bose system maybe. Those pieces sounded like new. I spent a ton of time cleaning them up and they looked just gorgeous all lit up.

That would have been a very nice entry level system to sell in it's time. Even today, the MC2505 would just kick the snot out of a LOT of brand new amps.

I recently parted ways with my last MC2105 (begrudgingly). IMHO, the MC2505 and MC2105 exude what vintage SS McIntosh should be - looks, performance, value - they have it in spades. And if an MC2105 was good enough for Howard Hughes, it's good enough for most of us!

well I got my mx112 today! its wonderful! it sounds so warm in every way, the mc2105 and mx112 are perfect together. im lovin it! :beatnik:

I remember buying an MX112 and MC2505 from a woman in Little Rock. Both were in walnut cabinets and she had treated them with kid gloves since new. She sold me the pair for less than $500 (hey - this was like '94) as she had upgraded to a Bose system maybe. Those pieces sounded like new. I spent a ton of time cleaning them up and they looked just gorgeous all lit up.

That would have been a very nice entry level system to sell in it's time. Even today, the MC2505 would just kick the snot out of a LOT of brand new amps.

I recently parted ways with my last MC2105 (begrudgingly). IMHO, the MC2505 and MC2105 exude what vintage SS McIntosh should be - looks, performance, value - they have it in spades. And if an MC2105 was good enough for Howard Hughes, it's good enough for most of us!
Should we own a useless humongous plane too?

Back
Top Bottom