LWB
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks for getting back to me Stan. Yes, the manual actually calls for 55V 9,000uF caps. I may have been confusing the specs with the capacitor list floating around Audiokarma, which calls for the 80v Panasonics. I placed an order for the Nichicons - don't know whether the "audio grade" designation meane anything, but if nothing else they certainly look better! Thanks again, John.
    Hello- I read your post about using Nichicon 10,000uF/63V, KG Series for the filter caps in your 2270. I'm going to be rebuilding mine soon and am putting a parts list together. I'd like to use the Nichicons, but they're rated at 63 volts and the originals are rated at 80 volts. Are the Nichicons rated conservatively, or doesn't the small difference matter? Hope I'm not imposing- I really appreciate your help. Thanks, John
    Sorry about the tardy response... took me a while to notice I had messages! Answer to your question: I don't know. Perhaps it will help to post a photo of a Superclock 3 with the Crystal Oscillator plainly visible. I've uploaded a photo of an unused clock of the same vintage as the one I put into my CD63. Not sure how to do this, here is the url to my photo gallery:

Hi, I read one of your post on Superclock 3 on your Marantz cd player. Can you tell me which clock they use? and other components. I am trying to make one and would like to know if the components can be purchased and made myself.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom