onepixel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I had both the PL-570 and 6300 and sold them with relatively new carts for $250 each. People are nuts.
    See the thread "Have People gone nuts?" on the Dollars & Cents forum.
    An ~NIB PL-570 sold for $822 + S&H.
    Weary & Leary! But I'm just watching. My PL-570 has some intermittent problems, probably logic or mechanical linkage. When it is working it is really sweet.

This winter I will probably dig into it, CAREFULLY re-flow all the solder joints I can access, and look for a decent way to evaluate the health of the electrolytic capacitors. However, I will most likely leave it alone if it doesn't conk out anymore.

It came with an extra headshell that suprizingly has a Shure V-15 III cartridge. I just replaced the broken stylus, but got ZERO audio, not even noise. Two of the cartridge to headshell leads were open. Ordered a new set of leads but haven't taken the time to swap 'em out and take a test drive.

Anyway, just thought you might have some penpals who are itching for a PLC-590. I see that nobody else has bid on it yet.

Take Care - - -

<< Steve >>
    Good price on the PLC-590 so far. I'm sure it will go much higher. But I'd be weary, since the seller has no feedback.
    I'm sure that you get lots of queries, so here's an FYI. Someone just listed a fine looking PLC-590, Series 20 on ebay. See Item # 170529635757. Bidding is at $400, + $50 S&H. Needs a new cover, but he has the H/W.

I have a PL-570, and have enjoyed the pics you have posted of your PLC-590.

Thanks - - -
    Do you have any close up images of your SR 838 tone arm mechanism that you can send my way? I would greatly appreciate it!
    What do you consider extreme? I'm going to the climbing gym again tonight. Surfed last week. Trying to train for a marathon.
    Actually, the forecast was 51-55°. Crazy? I'm an artist, might explain things.

Life is Art is Life.
    I see Green. 51? funny that was the same temperature you were surfing in.
    I'm 43 next month, can't wait. Have you always been crazy or did it come with age?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom