BlindBoyGrnt
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• That Bramhall CD, I damn near wore it out over the past few weeks. Had to put it down for a while. That's a long album too, probably over 70 minutes, and it's consistent. That guy grew up around SRV and the Fabulous Thunderbirds, and I remember him being the 2nd guitarist in the T-birds for one of their albums in like '89-'90 just prior to his Arc Angels period (He was like an illegitimate nephew to the Vaughan bros... His father co-wrote a bunch of the songs on "In Step" with Stevie). Anyway, hope you're doing well
    It's wonderful. If you like Cooder/Byrd's "Jazz", you'll like this. Not quite as 'stylized' as Joe Byrd's arrangements. Great stuff!

If you are interested, perhaps I could work up a preview. I convert almost NOTHING to digital. The concept (and technique) is really quite alien to me. Don't be fooled by my online presence.
    There's got to be more, I didn't know Hank Snow adapted "I've Been Everywhere" You took me to shcool on that one man.
    Hey Kruisin, don't wanna take away your thunder, so post something if you have it. It was more like WTF, I came to Ottawa in 1976, but I know crap about the scene here, although I can get a Mulligan because of disco. Is there anything worth posting?
    Hey BBG, You familiar with any french music? Cano has a song called "Les Rue d'Ottawa" off their first album "Tous dans L'même Bateau" fantastic album. And Johnny Cash mentions Ottawa in "I've Been Everywhere" along with a boat load of other places.

Daniel Lanois mentions Gatineau in Jolie Louise

You can go ahead and post if ya feel like it, take'r easy man
    Thougt I'd stop in and say hey seeing as were both in the same area. If you hunt the same spots I do we may have even ran into each other. Take it easy. Gary
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom