stereofisher
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello ! I'm new at audio karma ! but it seems like an old school forum board style website ! nice to meet you stereo fisher ! anthony absynthe here !! finding you on audiokarma as requested : ) seems like you an i have some things in common : )
    Good afternoon! I just saw your response to my post looking for BIC 980 cam gear and associated parts. I don't know how to PM on here, so this is the best I can do! Let me know what you have, thank you!
    Have you found a home for the Garrard yet? My brother is looking at getting into vinyl and since my mother won’t part with any of her hoard of Duals and I only have one I’m looking for a project lol.
    Ogre
    I posted in Turntables requesting info on someone locally (Brooklyn, NY) who services Benj Miracord turntables. The owner of the Dual Turntable Repair Facebook page suggested I ask you for feedback. I have 2 model 50 H II turntables. They seem complete (one has a broken tonearm). I would be glad to have one working turntable and offer the other for parts. Thanks.

Jeremy
    Eric, olddude55 here. No I didn't actually boil that cat in my avatar.
    Hey, I'll be happy to take you up on your offer of the Dual 1019 cartridge sled.
    Shoot me an email (kilgoretrout55@hotmail.com) and I'll send along my address.

Thanks

George
    Hi Eric,
    I tried pm'ing you but maybe you don't get email alerts for pm's, or just haven't checked lately, so figured I'd try this. Anyway, I'd love to set a time to drive up and pick up that SX-850. What works for you?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Good evening Eric. Did you notice the requests for information on the Heathkits for VOA, such as tubes included, condition of units or pics?

Thanks,

Tink
    Hi Eric,

I guess my last post did not get through; weird...

Sure I will take them and they can be a someday Winter project. However, I have an alternative idea for you - you could put them up for bids in the AK VOA Charity for Christmas fundraiser. That way, you are still giving Karma and some poor family kids will greatly benefit from your generosity.

Thanks again!

Tink
    Tink,

Don't really need anything. Ken says you have a lot of stuff, so you never know. The tuner is solid state so I turned it on. Cleaned up nice. Fixed the dial cord. No AM. I am not in this hobby to make a lot so we can talk..eric
    No worries about the pics. I know what they look like. The amp is good EL84 if transformers are OK. Please let me know what you want for it or maybe trade for something you might need/want/like...
    Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for the gracious offer. Do you know the models?
    I know what you mean about not finding time to get to these :)
    Enjoy the weekend!
    Tink
    Yeah, those cart-carriers are a pain. I actually have to do a cart-swap on one of mine because one of the carriers died, but I had picked up another spare, so I still have two that work. I figure I need about 5 of those things to cover cart-swapping and breakdowns and what not. The key to it seems to be a matter of learning as much as much as possible about how those things work, not to mention what's different about the ones that work vs the ones that are problematic (Does one fit better than the other and that sort of thing).

I noticed that the terminals tend to get pushed down on the tight-fitting cart-carriers (because you end up pushing it a little harder to make sure it's all the way on the headshell) . Either that or the cart wires get moved around. And yet the ones that fit perfectly and go on nice and easy are the ones that seem to last the longest. There's gotta' be something to that.
    Hey Eric thanks for the offer but im in the UK and shipping would be more than i can buy one for to be honest but many thanks that was such a generous offer, i wish it was this time last year and spent xmas in NY, but hey ho.

have a nice xmas
    lee
    Hi.

The EICO will be here when you are ready. I plan on getting the manuals for both Kenwoods so I can figure out where the offset pots are and bring up the left channels. Got another 7200 on the way! Stay in touch,

Eric
    Well, better low than high but it's interesting that first one reads that much lower on the left.
    I get a long break over the Christmas/New Year period so that would be a good time for me to work on a new project.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom