HTHMAN
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi. I read your post about refoaming optimus 77 woofers.I followed the directions, and one turned out perfect (tested with 30hz tone) but the other buzzes.Any idea what I might have done wrong? Also, I'm thinking about redoing the bad one, but the glue doesn't come off like the original glue.Any idea about appropriate solvents?
    I really appreciate if you have any time to respond. Thanks,
    Mike
    HTHMAN
    HTHMAN
    Assuming the voice coil is OK, make sure you do not have a wire or anything coming in contact with the cone. Aileen's glue is water soluble. I believe those were poly cones, water will not harm them. wet an area, gently pull surround away. Go slow, you can probably save it. I doubt you have it misaligned though. See if the speaker buzzes out of the cabinet. If not, there is something loose in the box.
    do you still have the mcs 3260? if so would you be interested in selling it?
    HTHMAN
    HTHMAN
    Do you live in the St Louis area? I will sell but not ship it.
    I have the same Scott PS-68A turntable you posted about a few years (almost) back. Did the 17mm overhang you were using seem correct? Trying to set mine up, can't find better info than your posts (thanks for that)

Also, do you have a link to the manual in question you were using?
    Hi, yep, I am foremost expert on the LS-400 Series Kenwoods. Heck yeah, the 403's are little sleepers. they flat out rock. Nice clean highs, nice, full, tight and solid bass. If they don't have original drivers, they can be restored if the cabinets are nice and intact. There are, however, two iterations of the 403's, first the LS-403, with real walnut veneer, black covered tweeter, and brown grill cloth, while the LS-403A is vinyl veneer with black grill cloth and aluminum ringed tweeter. The woofer between the two is similar, but the 403 has thinner, darker cone with foam on top edge, while the 403A has thicker cone with foam underneath edge. Both are heavy little fellas at nearly 30 lbs, and worthy of attention if they are wearing original drivers or if they need a simple refoaming. If caps are original, then they most likely will need to be replaced due to age and drifting. Can you show me a picture of them?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom