jhinkel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No, I passed on it. They might still have it. It's not the one UK pressing that seems to be highly sought after.
    JHinkel, I see a pair of model 23's on ebay right now, are these the ones from the member we spoke of in this thread. (?)Very nice if so.
    I solved my craving for an old pair of C-Vs. I recently purchased a pair of model 211's and couldnt be happier. They are in excellent condition - all original but refoamed by someone who knew what they were doing. They are amazing - and have bass that is measured in the richter scale, not decibel! Even with a 12 watt tube amp!
    I've seen the pics of your model 23's with the grill off -- Cant tell but do the woofers have cast aluminum frames?Were they re-foamed? I ask because I dont think my brothers had the red foam, and like my 211s, the woofers were not cast, but regular steel framed. Can you tell if the woofer voice coils are 1.5 inch, or 2 inch. The dust caps look like they may be 1.5, but cant tell.
    I appreciate any and all info you could provide, I have a theory on the model 23, and I think I'm onto it, your info will help.
    Thanks, Russ
    Jhinkel,
    Thanks so much for the info - you have verified that these are the ones my brother had, and like you I have never seen a pair since, outside of yours. I don't know of any other cerwin's that did not have removable grills. I can tell you that he purchased his in 1976, which puts them in the second series of residential speakers that CV made. They are close to first generation R12's, and must have only been built 76-78. I don't think his had cast aluminum frame woofers, but I cant swear to it. Only the very earliest ones didn't, CV outsourced their drivers at that time - to some reputable companies from my research. Your setup sounds really great, I know that those speakers turn even the smallest of amplifiers into very big ones! I've searched for another pair but not counting on ever finding them, occasionally there will be some of the larger - 316's, 317's, 417's. I may have to settle for something newer, holding out hope for now. Enjoy, enjoy and thanks again for the info.
    Jhinkel,
    I am dying to find out more about your vintage Cerwin-Vega model 23's. I think these are the ones my brother had back in the mid-late 70's. Boy did I ever like them. Information is really scarce on these. Could you at least tell me a few things??? Are the grills removable, or are they permanently fixed to the cabinet?? To your knowledge are they 12inch 2 ways, with circuit breakers for the tweeters? Does the tweeter have a level control on back as well? Really appreciate any info, I've been dying to relive those days as those speakers as well as my brother are no longer here with us in this life. If they are the same ones he had I know very well why you like them. I am in search of any old Cerwins that are real veneered, but those are all getting to be 32 to 35 years old or more now, and thats up there for speakers to have survived. Your lucky - keep enjoying them !!Thank you very much
    Hi John, I made a trip to my mom's house at Tahoe with her. I figured since I hadn't been out here in almost 10 years, I was due for some Tahoe Time :). Anyways, I was thumbing thru some papers and unbeknownst to me, I found the owners manual and schematics to the CT-F500 Tape deck still in the plastic it came in. If you want it, let me know. I haven't found the manual to the amp/tuner, but if I do, I'll surely let you know.
    Hey Charlie! It's going pretty well actually. School is really busy though (I'm a college student). Things going well with you? Because of school, I unfortunately have not had any time to try the amp out yet. I'm actually going to have a break next week, so I'm planning on testing it then, and I will definitely let you know what I think when I do :)! I think I can definitely get the CT-F500 working again, so that's good. Thanks again for selling me some great stuff and being so nice about it too.

-John-
    Hey John, How's it going? How do you like the SA-7500II amp? It worked and sounded great for me and I hope you are happy with it. The tuner was especially clean & clear. I hope you are able to bring that CT-F500 back to shape. Take it easy! :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom