geiman
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I recently acquired a fully operational LR-3000 from e-bay, for $50. I consider that a bargain. I have been on the lookout for one for years. When I opened this one up, lo and behold the SQ board is in it. I would love to have the one you mentioned in your post, I know it's been awhile since you posted the "free to a good home" offer, I only just saw the post. Do you still have the receiver ?
    Sweet avatar. My dad was an MA-1 troop for the last 12 years of his 22 in the AF. We toured several ADC bases (McChord, Duluth and Langley) and I have been a huge Delta Dart fan since I was but a young lad. My 4 years with Uncle were spent as an avionics weenie on the F-111D at Cannon AFB. I miss the Six - the best of the Century Series.
    I used to watch them in full scramble drills at Bunker Hill AFB in Indiana. The whole squadron would take off on full afterburner. When they left the ground you could count to ten and none would be visible, only the black smoke trails. There also was a B-58 bomber group there too. They would scramble on full afterburner too. Each had four j-79s with afterburner!
    Great avitar, I had a couple of air force neighbors who's cabin was 300' form mine seperated by a public free way (Minot AFB). I was standing in my yard one day, looking out at the bay, when I heard a high pitched whine growing louder over my shoulder. I turned around just in time to see an F106 crossing the road, clearing the power lines by about 50', and drop down to about eye level over the water. It then hit it's afterburner, and shot up and kept going till out of sight. He broke about 20 windows and got in some trouble, but not fired. What a sight and what a plane. (Fastest single engine plane in the world)
    Recognized the 106 in your avatar. I grew up near Selfridge ANG which had the finest fleet of 106's in the world during the late 70's. A pilot I knew was their crew chief. They consistently won the William Tell competition in Florida and - in my opinion - were some really wonderful examples from the golden age of jets.
    I noticed your avatar, an F-106 A, I'm an old 106 dude, avionics type. Cool!

Bob S
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom