Gravelyguy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have heard Dave is finicky with what he works on. I guess he thinks he has been around long enough that he decides if it's worthy or not. It's his time so don't take it the wrong way if he says no. That's just the way he is.

I had Mark rebuild a Fisher tube receiver a few years ago. He is a little expensive and also has his quirks but is a very good tech also. Of course he did a complete rebuild for me so "expensive" is just a generalization.

As with any decent tech it would most likely be a while before they would get at it. Don't worry about that as most good techs are booked up for at least a few months and worth the wait.

I'm sure there are others that are local and could maybe find them with a little bit of searching. You could also have it done out of state if you are willing to pay extra for shipping. That would probably add another $70 or so. That's up to you to decide if it's worth the extra money or not.
    Thanks Denny, for the info. I am not sure if the Onkyo is worth putting too much into. Which of these places would you recommend? I would like to get my Sansui gear the once over.

Dave
    Have you found anyone to work on your stuff yet? There are a couple of places up in the cities that do repair and restoration work. Dave at HiFi Sound in Minneapolis and Mark Wilson at Absolute Sound Labs (AB Sound Labs) in Savage.

Welcome to AK from a South Central MN AKer.

Denny
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom