dc270
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hello,

I was referred to you by 'tomlinmgt' for help with my RSb's. I'm finding the midrange control is high maintenance. I disassembled them last September and did a thorough cleaning. They sounded fine until recently when they started to be intermittant again. I have to rotate the knob several times to get good contact. I'd like to replace them with something new. Can you suggest a good audio quality pot (or is it an L-pad?)? 5ohm-25W. While I'm in there I may as well replace the tweeter control. Rated at 5 ohm-5W, according to Infinity crossover data sheet.

The prior owner recapped and refoamed the woofers. I hope this is all I'll need to replace for a good long time.

Regards,

Rob
    Hi there, I was trying to reach you, Doug, to set up a time to trade out my AR speakers for your center channel, but your website is down. Can you PM me a phone number?
    dc270
    dc270
    sorry this reply is so old I did not know I even had this "in" box My pjone is 817-426-5082. Took my web site down was costing too much to keep it running!
    Hi there... I just read your post on here regarding refoaming Phase Tech PC 8.0s. I noticed that you mentioned that it was difficult to find some surrounds for the bass drivers, but found some that worked on Madisound. I was just wondering which ones you purchased. I've got a pair of PC 8.0s that just crapped out this weekend. I appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks. ---Gabe
    Hi Doug, I called you and left a message about a pair of my LS-408B Kenwoods I sold to a friend in Missouri. I wanted to check with you about touching the cabinets and baffles up at his request. They are very nice already and are nowhere near like what my HD880's were. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/album.php?albumid=1102&pictureid=8827 Also on another note, I referred you to a AKer in speaker forum asking for help with his HPM-150 Woofers he got with one of them having a slightly shifted magnet. Is that something you can take care of for him? http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=350150
    Hey Charlie
    Hey Just now saw this post. Send me your email and I will send pic for you. When you gonna come pic them up you think.
    Thanks
    Doug C
    respond to my regular email if you can
    dc270@charter.net
    Hi Doug, Wow that was fast! I have to get some things organized here at my house and then I will come pick them up with my Scout since I sold my Power Wagon. My Scout has a tranny leak I need to go get fixed this week. Have any pics of them I can see?
    Hi Doug, hope you are doing well. I posted a thread on my HD880's. The first cabinet I have pictures of is the one I talked to you about yesterday. You can see the top front left corner damage. I did the hard awkward stuff so You didn't have to do that, so all I need you to do is repair that corner. I havent opened up the second cabinet yet, so my fingers are crossed.
    Hi Doug! It's your neighbor Charlie :) I just realized I never added you to my friends list. Your next trip to Fry's why don't you stop by and say hello, maybe I can treat you to a session of the Model Sevens and my SX-1980. When you go up Matlock, you go right by my house, lol!
    Hello, I'm preparing to restore and veneer a pair of Bose 501 II series speakers and I saw your post. I am anxious to begin the project but now I'm a little concerned after reading your conclusion. I have a couple of specific questions for you if you don't mind emailing me at your convenience at chrisnjudycrawford@gmail.com
    I see from your post you have a source for the tweeter surrounds on cs-88a's. I found one also, the set of 4 is almost $35 with shipping. Who is your source and what size did you order? Thanks!
    Don't kow of anyone going out that way. That's quite a hike from here, about 20 hours! As for me any my family we are doing well. Our little one had open heart surgery for his heart defect and they were able to correct it. It was a scary time but now that we are past that everybody is doing well. Thanks for your concern and I'm glad to hear everything is gonig well for you. I've been keeping an eye on your frankenspeakers posts. Interesting stuff..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom