Rome
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Rome! Didn't I read you mentioned you drive a gasoline tanker? If so, do you know if there is anywhere within 75 miles of DFW where one can buy ethanol-free gas? I could sure use some in long term storage of lawn eqipmwnt and my power washer. Bought some in qt cans made by VP but it's about $25 a gallon at that rate. Too expensive to burn. Thanks... Ed
    Haven't talked to you much since the thread about my JBL 4345s. Wanted to make sure that you were aware of the opening of Dallas Vintage Audio. I went to their grand opening and sorta expected to see you there, but no luck. If you haven't been over there, let me know and maybe we could run over there together. I'm over by White Rock Lake so I'm sorta on your way there.

Michael Major
    972-822-4261
    Hey Teach,

I'm done dusting the erasers. That time I just looked at
    last word posted. Should have read a few above.
    You got me on that one...
    Hey "Teach",

I just bought that Marlena Shaw record a few days ago.
    Didn't know who she is, I knew it was a good record
    by the album cover & it's on Blue Note. I will be
    looking for more of her albums also.
    Cool Breeze...
    "Teach",

I forgot to tell you that I changed my "Custom User Title".
    It is now "Cool Breeze", look next time you see
    a post of mine.
    Hey "Teach",

Thanks for the new nickname "Cool Breeze", real
    cool name...Thanks!

Have a "Soul Groovin...Trippin" lined up for tonight
    see ya there!
    Cool Breeze.......
    Hi Don "Teach",

Here is another word for ya, "Soul Trippin"
    It's a song by "Delegation". You can see the album
    in the "Soul Playlist". When I heard it I thought of
    you. So now we have "Soul Groovin" & "Soul Trippin"
    You have to come up with a nickname for me.
    Right "Teach"?
    I always look forward to see your comment about
    my "Soul Groovin" albums!
    Take Care.
    Steve........
    Hi Rome, I haven't talked with you in a while , so I wanted to say Merry Christmas and I hope you and your's have a great 2011 …. Have you found any new gear ?

Michael
    Hi Don,

I see now, I goofed on that last one (Last Word).

The "Last Word" police (4dryhme) notified me of my mistake>

Spinning too much vinyl?

Thanks "Teach" for the great thread.
    Steve.....
    Hi there Steve!

Yea, I think that may be his only LP. Kind of a remote artist.
    Thanks for the kind sentiment. I will be checking in on the
    Soul forum more often.

Don
    Hi Rome,

That "Ernie Hines -- "Electrified" album is one I don't have.
    Actually I never heard of him. I'm going to have to put
    him on my thrift find list.

Yes, I'm always "Soul Groovin" as you say.

Need to see more of you on the "Soul Playlist".

All The Best.
    Steve.
    Hi Rome,
    Thank you for the invitation, I feel I have come to know you
    through the shared writings on "Neon Bongo".....Nice to see
    your face, I should probably 'post' a pic or two, one day.....
    I look kind of like "Kenny Rodgers", prior to plastic surgery,
    and am Dutch, Scottish, and Native American (Iroquois) in
    the ancestry dept., plus probably another hand full.Some
    anthropologist once said, "We are ALL most likely related
    to an old black lady from the African rift, if you look far
    enough back", to which I said, "Amen", works for me.......
    So, thanks for the friendship, the shared words, and may
    the "Bongo" surpass all your expectations.....Should you
    wish to bypass these forum 'boxes', drop a line anytime at
    thunderhawk17@msn.com,.......Blessings, T
    ROME! Sir I scored on WED. I was helping a pal clean his garage. He's disabled. While looking around his garage, I laid eyes on a early 90's Harman Kardon AVR30 and a BSR 10 band EQ with spectrum. My eyes got big and i was like "dude, do you want that stuff?" he sez "well, i was gonna ebay those items, but if you want it, take it. it all works and the remote is in the house"... I hooked it up to my JBL 5's... High Current power for the win!
    Howdy Rome!

Just wanted to stop in and thank you for all your kindness. They restored my account, probably due in part to your request.

Thanks,
    Alex
    hey, first off i just wanna say im not trying to get you to buy it, the reason im posting this is because im selling mine on craigslist for 450, i paid 750 3yrs ago and someone offered me 250 and thats why im like wait a minute i had no clue that they would drop that much in price i remember these going for alot more i thought i was selling at a bargain, im not trying to rip anyone off but if theyre arent selling for that much anymore i think i might just keep it, i PM'd you because i didnt wanna say i was selling it and get flagged
    Sorry I haven't replied to yr message of a couple weeks back, I don't check those as often as I should. As far as a "Prayer List" per se, I don't think that would fly, as religion is sort of Verboten here. However, I can just about guarantee that if you go into Off-Topic, & "Splain" yr situation on yr particular case, there will be well-wishes, thoughts & prayers galore. But you MIGHT wanna PM Grumpy or Ernie-Luvinvinyl-on the "Prayer Rug" idea. Who knows, they MIGHT go for it. And yes, I'm "in the soup" for having Bariatric Surgery-"stomach stapling"- & if the paperwork shuffle sorts itself out, this COULD happen 1st of Dec.-S.
    One LEARNS how to shoot w/a .22, they are cheap, don't make too much racket, & kickback is almost non-existant, unless you're shooting one of those dreadful little mini-pistols. Then, you work your way up thru 38s, .357s, 45s, & then to 44 Magnums. I would NOT recommend a .25 or .32 as a defensive weapon, they have marginal stopping power at best, & the cracked-up hoodlum barging into yr home or car isn't likely to feel either one. At the very least, you need a .38/.357, preferrably w/hollowpoints or Glaser Safety Slugs, so named because they are a "frangible" bullet-they break apart in Mr Bad Guy, dump all their energy in him, rather than zipping thru him, thru the wall, & then killing the innocent 3-yr-old kid in the next room. Too gruesome ? Perhaps, but if you want to shoot someone & make sure he STAYS down, that's what you use.
    You've NEVER fired a gun ?!? Aww, Son...(as Jerry Reed would have said...) You don't know how much FUN you've missed...Come up to Tennessee, 'n' Unca Sandy'll learn ya how to shoot one o' them there now Loudenboomers...mebbe even letcha play w/The Uzi...A gen-u-wine Israeli submachine gun. People are scared of it, until they shoot it, & then they generally get these big, horsy grins on their faces & DON'T wanna give it up. Women wanna go find their "ex's" & collect their alimony or child support. It's Big Fun to get an empty milk jug, toss it up in the air, & make it jump around...Yes, I know, I'm Nutz...And this is a problem how ?!?-S.
    Where I used to work was on an access road, & there was a vo-tech school there, too. No offense against vo-tech schools, but down here they seem to be infested by guys who weren't quite smart enuff to get into real college, most of 'em seem to be the "slammed Jap sedan drivin', backwards-cap wearin', trousers not properly pulled up" brigade. Well, ever so often, I'd be tootlin' along past there when they had class change, & EVERY one of 'em HAD to get outta there & back up on the big hiway before any of the rest of 'em did.I'd be in The Mighty Valdez, a 2000 V-10 Excursion, & an '87 Accord w/a tomato-soup can muffler would try to pass me...On a curvy 2 lane road...Well, sometimes, if I was in a Sulphurous Humor, I'd floor The Mighty Valdez, just to see how serious the kid was. I knew they could get around me, & I could see far enuff ahead, I wouldn't let them get into a head-on, butI certainly hope a couple of them had to change their Drawers when they got home...Don't F#ck w/a crazy old coot, Sonny...'Specially one who has a V-10 under the hood...Hehehehehehe..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom