drillher
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Dave, thanks for your info on my MC275 inquiry. I have never visited the other forum you mentioned but will definitely check things out there. What preamp are you matching with your MC275? I'm keeping mine with the original issue C22. Don't know how that compare with the newest C22/MC75 but I like the vintage look of my setup.
    drillher
    drillher
    I am using a kit built Hagerman Clarinet tube pre.along with a tube phonostage.Mike is expert on the Macs and should give you advice.I know that many advocate replacing the resistors with metal film resistors that can make the amp.harsh in the signal path.The power supply and coupling caps done right will make your amp.world class with the quality of iron that it has. Best wishes,

Dave
    Well from what guys with much better tables than I said they think it is a steal . My Denon DL-100 sounds lousy compared to it actually . Takes 20 hours or more to break in. I bought 2 of the LT version so they are on both my tables now . I hope it measures up for you also. Looking forward to your comments !
    John
    I'd love to just setup RCAs myself but I haven't soldered anything in ages. What did you do to setup a separate ground off the sub chassis?
    For sure. What else have you done to your 145? I'm planning on getting some Tenderfeet for directly under the plinth from Herbies and some extra thick Grungebuster Dots to put underneath a layer of birch plywood which the Tenderfeet > turntable will rest on. After that I'm pretty set on basic isolation, only stuff I could do more is blu-tac the gabs in the plinth and the topboard, isolate/dampen the motor which I really want to do, isolate the bottom board and subplatter w/ cork and maybe tonearm.

RCA jacks and interconnects are next on the menu. After all that is done I'll go for a new cartridge, maybe have someone rewire my tonearm. Its pretty interesting, I was getting a ton of rumble from my new belt from Q-Audio but once I applied talc and redid the suspension it stopped completely, the entire table is operating so much better.
    Which is 0.5 inches. TheAnalogDept's example of 7/16 of an inch = 0.4375" so I guess I'm a little higher than their example. I'm pretty comfortable with where that is.
    I actually just read the guide on checking yours on TheAnalogDept (http://www.theanalogdept.com/adjusting_vta.htm), "This will vary according to cartridge height and mounting shims, etc. It just needs to be the same distance measured from two points."

I have mine at about 1.15 cm. Looked like it checked out fine. Measured it at two points using an average record.
    To be honest I haven't altered my VTA since I got my TT. This is my first turntable so I wanted to learn how to do more basic stuff before that. VTA, oil bearings on tonearm and platter, oil motor, and fine tune suspension.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom