avionic
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi there I know you know alot about the ns 1000m......Ive got a pair Ive got to pick up for 500.00 .....there in great shape......my concern is driving them I have a hk 930 right now and it does well on my ar 3a .......but feel I need to upgrade big time with the 1000s......If you can share some ideas Id love to hear them ....thanks Wesley......
    Hi Avionic, do you have a copy of the SM for the Yamaha C-50 preamplifier? Cannot find it anywhere. Thank you! Kind regards, George
    Note: to those posting on this page..You will get a much quicker response sending me a regular PM. I very seldom look at this page..
    dave the amp looks great but i havent have time to set it up yet i can wait to hear it. the powder coating looks freakin awesome. will let you know when i crank er up. thanx brad
    Hi Avionic!

I have been reading your posts regarding YAMAHA ca-1000....I really need your help on it...I purchased YAMAHA ca-1000 II from a vintage dealer few months back..problem started when right channel went off....found that power transistors along with 47 Ohms resistance are gone, so ordered for replacements ( B817C & 1047E)...in the mean time found another ca 1000 II in a junk market, which was in working state but with a hum in both channels...I replaced the right channel from the newly acquired one... Powered it but relay didn't worked....so i manually switched the contacts with the help of little wooden stick... a screaming noise was observed in right channel....so switched off the amp.....the replacement transistors are in my hands now but feeling hesitation to plant them, coz i think that problem isn't in channel's circuitry (all components were found in working state upon testing) .....Would you kindly help me on it...?
    Dave,
    Don't know if you got my last message. I talked to you back in Feb about work on a Yamaha Ca-2010. You thought you could get to it in 6 weeks or so. I'm checking back to see if you can fit it in. PM or e-mail me at brucepoland@yahoo.com and let have an update please.
    Thanks, Badger
    Can you PM me with a price to assemble the second CA-1000 that is in several pieces? A ballpark would do. Thanks Dave
    Dave,

My Yammie has started to behave strangely :( When it's cold, at startup the left channel takes several seconds to come on - after that it is normal, and there are no issues once it's warmed up if I switch it off then on again - it's only when starting from 'cold.' Any idea what might be causing the problem?
    I see you know your Yamaha gear! I have a query for you.
    I have a B-2x European version 220V 50HZ 1300watt. The problem is I live in Australia where the standard is 240V 50HZ. I would like to know if this could cause my amp problems?

I have been monitoring our voltage and it sits between 229 & 235V my amp does run very hot especially the right channel my options seem to be a Variac or replacing the original transformers with toroids. What is you advice

Any help would be great thankyou.
    I need my M-80 repaired/refurbished. I have it paired with a C-85. Only one channel is working. Would you be willing to work on it please? Thanks for your consideration
    Thanks. I just ordered the tape deck service manual and intend to work at getting the motor running. A friend at work just pretty much gave me a Thorens turntable she says she has had since 1972 (she was given it by a friend who upgraded) and it's in its original box...unused for a couple of decades! Not sure which model/arm/cartridge is going to turn up when she brings it in for me, but I am really thrilled regardless and isn't it amazing how generous people can be? I've wanted a Thorens for a long time, but thought I'd have to wait until I found a full-time job (I'm in my last semester of my PhD). LOL...sorry, wittering on, but just so darned excited! Ha ha :)
    How you doin.
    Really backlogged at the moment. At least 2 months.
    Tape decks - I really don't want to get into.I could probably put the second 1000 together for you-running mono blocks-don't see how to do it and gain anything. Now -bi-amping a set of speakers is a definite possibility with the right pre-amp.
    Stay inside buddy...looks like a stinker from the frozen North is on its way. I just bought a nice Phase Linear cassette deck (7000 Series Two) and am looking for someone who can service/rebuild the drive motor - is that your kind of thing, or if not, know anyone who does that stuff well?

Also, I am thinking of assembling another Yammie CA-1000 and running them as a mono pair, with a nice preamp - is that doable (or even worth considering)? I already have the CA-1000 (the one you worked on still works superbly) and I bought the various 'missing' components off EBay about 1.5 years ago...they are all just gathering dust...

Cheers :)
    Hi, Avionics. I wanted to see how your schedule looks and to see if you'd be able to work on a Yamaha CA-2010 amp for me. I bought it as a non-working piece two years ago with the idea of working on it myself. When I got it, it was in better shape than I thought and I felt it deserved someone better qualified than to have me mucking around in it. As far as I know it has not had any prior work done on it and the problem at present is the protection relay clicking rapidly on and off. I moved right after I bought it and kind of forgot about it. PM me or e-mail me at brucepoland@yahoo.com when you get a chance and I can tell you more about it and get your shipping address. Thanks, Bruce (Badger)
    I have a Nakamichi OMS4 that I just got - I saw where you said you had pdf of service manual - I was wondering if you could email to me at jas205@bellsouth.net ??

Certainly appreciate any help in this regard - Thanks in advance

James Schilling
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom