doucanoe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Talk to Avionic about Flim & The BB's...or my dad-they should know plenty about them. All I know is that this record is hard to come by, as I have been looking for it for years now, so it was a pretty exciting score for me.

I'll have to shoot Aaron a PM sometime within the next month so I can see where he stands about a fall get-together.
    Year of the Cat and anything Steeleye Span are always nice additions to your collection. I gotta say, I have never heard of Film and the BB's.

I was just over at Aarons yesterday and although we talked briefly about a fall get-together, no solid dates were discussed. I have no plans for putting together a big one personally but he may. I suppose he would be the guy to ask about a possible date.
    Found it at Know Name Records in Minneapolis. I had lunch with my girlfriend and her dad, and we decided to go record shopping, so we hit up that one and another one called Roadrunner Records. I also bought Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat" and Steeleye Span's album, "All Around My Hat". Because I bought both of them at Know Name, the guy behind the counter pulled out some hi-fi records that just came in-and MJQ was right on top. I only paid 19 bucks for it, and it is MINT-two clicks on the entire album.

I also made another score, but this one was at Roadrunner. You remember the group, Flim & the BB's? They released one record before they went to DMP-it was self-titled. I found it for 4 bucks there, and that was mint as well. One of these days we need to get together and play some of these albums...hopefully Aaron is still doing a Cobblefest this fall. You know anything about that?
    Hey Ron! I got a half-speed that I know tu would be interested in hearing; Modern Jazz Quartet's "Live At The Lighthouse". Already got Dad to listen to it and he loved it!
    Ha! I just got home from work around 11:00Pm. Im enjoying a sandwich and then it's off to bed ;)
    Those are pretty cool drivers, Denny! I have long wanted to hear what a well designed field coil speaker system sounds like to understand what the appeal is for fans. Some say it's sound can be the best of the best and is about as tweaky as it gets as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the link!
    hey Jason!
    Great purchase! I have that one also and enjoy it quite a bit. I have one other of hers but the title escapes me at the moment. I'll dig it out when I get a chance and pass the title along to you.
    Man, your up early. ;)
    Hey Ron, how ya been?

I got an album for you..if you like the sound of Billie Holiday. It's a woman named Madeleine Peyroux. I bought an Mobile Fidelity copy of her album "Careless Love." Outstanding. It was worth 30 bucks, so I thought that I would pass the recommendation on to you.
    It's under the Dollars & Sense forum. Or, you can just look at my statistics and see all the threads I've started, it should be there.
    No I didn't. I usually don't venture to far out of the Tube Audio or DIY forums but I'll check it out.
    Pretty good. School keeps me busy, but I still manage to find time to go over to Dad's "garage" (if that's what you call it!), and put on some good tunes and have a brew. Did you catch my thread about what I picked up on CL last week?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom