Sir.Byrd
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi,
    I'm new to the forum but while I was posting in the Sansui section of the site, some member instructed me that you might be able to help with my dilemma.

I recently found a pair of JBL EC-30's designed by Sansui. But I need new foams for the woofers.

There 6.5" woofers and I'm having trouble finding foams locally that will fit right.
    The original foams secured to the reverse side of the paper cone.

Any help/direction would be appreciated :)

-Mike
    Sir Byrd,
    another speakerlab question plse: Do speakerlabs have electrolytic capacitors
    or film capacitors? I have no idea what my SL 4 have. Any idea??
    thanks!!!!!
    will try tonight. As always you are the bible for speakerlab
    BTW did you see the SL 6`as on ebay?? I posted the link on audiokarma. they look good
    Dear Sir Byrd, Me again with Speakerlab questions. My L pad controls on my 4`s have a bit of crackle when I turn the knobs on them. Can I deoxidize then from outside without ripping apart the speaker ( really don`t want to do that.) or is that useless? Do you know if there is an ideal setting of the L pads? I keept trem at 4 oclock. both. thanks for your light!
    Dear Sir Bird. quick question as you are the unquestionable Speakerlab Expert. Are your 7's equipped with carpet spikes? I just added spikes to my 4's and the sound is amazing!
    What up dude! I have to say I am very impressed with the Nelson F5 amp!! That thing has gotta sound good! How've you been?
    Dear Sir Bird,
    As I recognize you are a Speakerlab expert, may I ask you a stupid question about my 1975 Speakerlab4`s? There are 2 knobs on the back of each....what is their exact function?
    thanks
    Richard
    hello sir,
    I have purchased and had presumably restored the pioneer sa 900 integrated amp. I think I'm having the same issues that you have or had. I was wondering if you ever fixed the problem with nose after the signal or did you give up? I get crakling noise in the phono section. I look forward to your reply.
    hello sir,
    I have purchased and had presumably restored the pioneer sa 900 integrated amp. I think I'm having the same issues that you have or had. I was wondering if you ever fixed the problem with nose after the signal or did you give up? I get crakling noise in the phono section. I look forward to your reply.
    Hi Will:

Good to see you today. Thanks again for taking such good care of the Crown - I hooked it up this evening and it sounds just great! Please pass along my contact info to you dad. We may go out for a bike ride or just get together one of these days (we short-haired guys need to stick together). After your F5 and school and etc. dust die down one of these days, would you be interested in working on my Hafler amps? Maybe a couple of summer projects...

Dave
    Cell: 425-218-4619
    Home: 425-823-1528
    I somehow dragged an old mcs receiver off the shelf from 1979 and the next thing you know I'm restoring a few of the NEC styled pieces. I'd love to see some of the era docs for this stuff (catalog, owners, schematics, ads anything) and i thought you might have resources to recommend. Also I am willing to provide server space to host and post public links for any docs you want to make generally available, since it appears that service was lost with mcsguy. Right now I'm restoring a 3845 (it has an open in a meter winding so I'll need a replacement meter) and a 3275 that seems to be coming along without any proprietary parts required thus far. I'm questing for silver faced 3865 and 3710 or NEC Authentic equivalents. Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this. Stephen Arnett
    Yeah, just got the heat sinks last night. I am just waiting on funds, I've spent almost $700 on it so far, and can't even hear it. I still have about $300 more to go.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom