HomerJSimpson
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Homer,
    do you have any contact to Fasterdamnit? I would like to get here in touch with him.
    Greetings from Germany
    Ralph
    Greetings Homer! Hope you are doing well today. Nice to see a fellow Winston Salem'er. Curious as to if you know anyone who recaps/restores stereos around us? I have a Marantz 2265B that I am looking to get restored. I changed the bulbs that were out to new LED's but I don't have much soldering experience and also have the room in a small apartment to try and tackle it. Sorry to talk your ear off!

Steve
    HomerJSimpson
    HomerJSimpson
    No worries! I "could" do it, it's a timely process. I'm going to be busy the next few weeks with work. But we could get together and place an order for parts then go from there
    87astro
    87astro
    That would be great! I have been searching for someone local so I wouldn't have to ship it. Advice on the forum seems to agree that the power supply board needs recapped and new relay. Do you think that's a good starting point? Thank you so much! I also understand what timely and tedious work it is, so just let me know what your labor fee is and I have no arguments. It was my dad’s and it means the world to me.
    I have an EV 15W driver if you are still looking for one. I posted photos in your wanted thread. Thanks, John
    Hi There - Another member pointed me to you for purchasing 2 green surrounds for my Genesis 1's that are in need of a refoam. Let me know if you have 2 available... also looking to pick up a badge for 1 if you happen to have a spare to sell.

Regards, Dave
    Hey homer, Sorry i just got your friend request i havnt been on in awhile. My emails ncpipefighter1974@yahoo.com and my names mike. Welcome to the area theres alot of good finds in rdu. I picked up a pair of allison cd7s last wknd. Needed a refoam and a recap but they sound awesome. Recapping a sansui 100 presently. Got em all changed except the coupling caps which i have on order. Its my first recap. Anyway welcome. Mike P
    Hey homer, Sorry i just got your friend request i havnt been on in awhile. My emails ncpipefighter1974@yahoo.com and my names mike. Welcome to the area theres alot of good finds in rdu. I picked up a pair of allison cd7s last wknd. Needed a refoam and a recap but they sound awesome. Recapping a sansui 100 presently. Got em all changed except the coupling caps which i have on order. Its my first recap. Anyway welcome. Mike P
    Homer, How did the refurb job go on Toshiba sa7100. I was reading that old thread and now I'm curious.
    Hey Homer, are you interested in a pair of Bozak urban 302's? $100 each i think and in unknown condition.Ask for Jim Massey @919-971-0676. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Regards.
    Are pioneer s -710 speakers worth anything. I am buying a marantz 2252b from the original owner and have to take the speakers too. He also hass some lame looking Marantz speakers. No imperial 7 s unfortunately.
    Hey, it's Travis. I never got back with you about that blue Knight tube amp you were going to recap for me. Let me know which caps I need and I will go ahead and get them. I think there were only a few since some had already been replaced. Hope everything is going well for you.
    Hey man, I may be in Raleigh in March, I was wondering if there were any speakers that you were looking for that I might have...I am trying to shed some of the workload here. PM me and let me know, or I can give you a few model #'s of some speakers I just want rid of that you can have for project speakers.
    Hello Homer,
    I ran across an old thread where you found some Marantz Model 600 speakers back in 2006. Did you get them? Do you still have them? I found a pair out in California that appear to be intact except for the glass Tops, which I could have re-made easily.
    Charlie
    Hi Homer,

I've burned up one of the crossovers in my DDS1 system and am having no luck finding a replacement. Can you help? I don't know the frequency or anything. A ready-made crossover is desirable, but could build one if I had to.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rex
    Morning from Vegas,

I have a set of Stromberg Carlson 6L6GC that test real close to 100% on my simple Mighty Might Tube Tester. I know they work great as tested in one of my Heathkit W5 amps. Price, does $40 plus shipping sound fair to ya?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom