audiodon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hi don, just noticed your a subscriber and you have many posts.. i was wondering if you could possibly help me source a pioneer pl-560 turntable ? im in bad need of one! i've contacted a few people but had no luck.. thank you :)
    Hi Don. I picked up a freebie Heathkit GR-21 FM table radio from about 1962 tonight. I won't have any chance to check it out but it's a nice looking rig with a walnut cabinet. Grungy grill cloth and one missing know but good otherwise. All tubes, of course.
    HI Don, I'm trying to get hold of ke4mcl, I sold him a bunch of resistors on Barter town, and I see he is now banned !?! Could you ask him to contact me at tubehead.ed@gmail.com. THanks, Ed
    HI Don, I'm trying to get hold of ke4mcl, I sold him a bunch of resistors on Barter town, and I see he is now banned !?! Could you ask him to contact me at tubehead.ed@gmail.com. THanks, Ed
    The older, while still very nice isnt quite as ballsy as the later version. Most of the schematics out there, including the SAMs, are for the later version. If you choose to tackle it let me know what version you have and I'll share my schems and data with you.
    Haha Don, you're asking about my top-secret H/K weapon LOL.
    The A260 is easily H/Ks best integrated tube amp IMO. It simply detroys the later "Award" series amps (A300/400/500), but admitedly I'm a real sucker for 6L6GC sound (I'm currently using 7581A in it actually). I've restored several and have kept one real nice one currently in my office listening space coupled to a set of KG4s and it never fails to impress, even just from my iPod dock.The phono stage is especially nice. On a basic rebuild I simply "McShane" the power supply and recap the signal path. On my own unit I've also added individually adjustable bias, and a pentode-triode switch.

There are TWO versions of the A260 and the later version is superior (better power supply and output transformers) The easiest way to quickly to identify the later version is the presence of a 4th can capacitor top-side just forward of the RCA input jacks. The older version doesnt have this cap
    Trying. I posted what I'm going to bring on the Barter Town thread. I got a rolled set of eyes from my wife, but if I go to the kids' soccer games I think it's a go. You going?
    Remember . . . right now the volume pot isn't broken so it need not be your first priority. Use process of elimination to find out what the problem IS NOT first. Start with the easy stuff and work your way towards the harder stuff. There is no magic bullet answer for your problem.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom