jeffe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ya et ta he. Nice that you noticed my Submarine history, more wide and varied, went into Deep Submergence for a tour, high tech Navy. As I say great to know as my brother in arms.
    I'm just hoping like hell these Altec 604 drivers I picked up from him don't turn into a can of worms. He screwed one of my friends pretty good recently so I was very weary about doing business with him. He was up front about the HF diaphragms in the Altecs not being stock, but he tried to sell me the birch cabinets he had made for them for $350 after saying he paid $600 to have them made but I happen to know for a fact he only paid $350. Gotta watch this guy.
    Those 250's of Ho's are consecutive serial number, but the mids don't look like the LE5's that came with my L250's. The tweeter domes are pushed in and the cabinets have a pretty crappy gloss black paint job on them....I didn't see any grills. I suppose if you really wanted a set they'd be worth looking at, but they'll need some work if you want them to look pristine. $1500, IMO, is maybe a little high. I'm glad I passed on those last year and waited...the ones I just picked up are in much better condition.
    He said $1900. If these are painted 250's, not a snowballs chance...

Thanks Michael!
    Unless Ho came into another pair of 250's (highly unlikely) then those are the ones I passed on last year. I'm going over there this afternoon as soon as he gets home to have a look at the 604's. I'm fairly positive those 250's are not ti's. I'll get as much info about them as I can for you. How much is he asking for them now?
    Hey Charlie!

If your old friend hesitates, and, or declines, You know I'd be happier than a pig in shit to pair these with my 700's! I'd also love to pick up a couple of other pairs as well as I think I'm going to finally assemble my little Kenwood "shrine" here.
    Hey Jeff, I got your email on ebay, lol, no, I'm not parting out any Kenwoods, but I do have some pairs I'm putting up for sale. I don't have the Sevens in my room anymore, but I did hear from an old friend who contacted me, wanting to buy them long before I even knew or met you, and I'm thinking that he might be buying them, but never fear, I have other Kenwoods I'm letting go. I can no longer have a big pile of speakers anymore.
    Oh, that's cool, Jeff. My scedule is pretty busy at the moment, so we'll have to play it by ear. I've got alot of things going at once, wedding planning/coordinating, etc, etc. hehehe! We'll keep in touch.
    Hey BT, just noticed that I had "notifications"! I guess I'm spoiled from getting email notifications for PM's?

If I come over for a listen, I might have to bring a small wad of cash! I'm off Sun. but have 2 potential buyers coming by to listen the the NS-1000's. Got to make some room!

I'm hoping when the new contract goes into effect I'll be working M-F as the most senior tech at my yard... we'll see in a couple of weeks!, and then I can get back on the same page with most other folks as far as time off goes... for a Seven sampling!
    Well, if you want to hear my Sevens, Jeff, your welcome to pay a visit. Let me know and I'll get them out for a run.
    Yeah, how have you been? I'm happy with my DS940's and my Sevens are sitting in the garage covered with a big ole quilt. My friend Cody in Missouri wants to buy them, but there is no way in holy that I am going to ship these tanks, they got hurt the last time they were shipped to me from Ohio.
    LOVE YOUR OFFICE SYSTEM!!!
    Any updates on it?

I am waiting for my Lexicon 312 HT amp to get fixed before I post a picture of my setup
    Just dropped in to say hi. I usually don't have a lot to say but have been known to ask a few questions. Usually a lurker but hoping to change that. Have a good one!!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom