iGrant
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Grant, I'm a new TD-11 owner I'm now looking at headphones. I was interested in the HD700 but assumed them being 150ohm I could not use them from tube out. I notice you mentioned both HD800/700 in your post, is it possible. As a fall back I was looking at the 650's any thoughts? Any recommendation is appreciated.
    No worries, Ian! In Rachel we trust.
    Would have loved to be able to buy those little thumpers - but those damn kids in university are just too damn costly! :) And Linda wants a truck and RV trailer... I do too. Two more years before the next one hits college, and I will need to outfit him with a stereo - the precedent has been set. Erik already has speakers and a sub, but needs some amplification and a pre/DAC.
    Oh well, one of these days... I'll get my 300B, I-12 and the DC or Barque speakers :)
    The source list as follows: nottingham tt using Trichord Dino phono pre for low output mc, cd327a, teac tr670 tuner, teac x10r reel/reel, nad cassette deck, Mac mini server, Thorens td160 with l.o.mc cartridge.
    Goodday Ian, just a quick question for you. I could use more inputs for sources. Would it be logical to add a DAC11 to my W-30 in order to gain more inputs or just go to a different preamp?
    Hello I don't know if I am posting this to the right place .. I also posted in the forum

1. Using the Dac-09 in "pre amp mode" ... and hooking up 250 ohm 96db headphones (Beyerdynamic DT990Pro) to the tube output RCA ... will the Dac be able to drive the phones to an acceptable ... read LOUD ... LOL ... volume? I read that Ian can drive his Senn 540 which are 300 ohms ... but others seem to be stating that the Dac-09 needs more efficient phones if I am reading the thread correctly. I am a music lover but not very well versed in the tech aspect of sound appreciation.

2. I presume we can use the volume control in the front to control the volume when listening through the tube output RCA in "pre amp mode" ... is this true ?

3. Almost all my headphones have very long cords ... and I usually listen sitting at my pc ... is it OK to roll the cords in a circle without creating some sort of interference ...so they wont flop all over the place ? What do u people do with the long cords?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom