avionic
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I have two MA5002 amps and a DX4000 and SP4002 preamps. Is it possible use both amps with one of these preamps in bridged mode without any further equipment?
    Thanks!
    Hello, stoutblock recommended you for refurb of my C4. Do u have set prices on certain services? What do u usually recommend on these units?
    Hi Avionic , My name is Carlo I've had my CA-1000 since 1978 it died eventually in 1990
    was told at the time it couldn't be repaired but I didn't believe them, just recently I came across this site and you , I would like to bring the CA-1000 back to life but only to be used as a pre-amplifier with one my AX-592 amps I feel the AX-592 have an inferior quality pre-amp section , my question to you is this what is the one part in the CA-1000 that would make re-birthing pointless , the transformers maybe? I hope my question makes sense , I am willing to spend around $600 to re-birth it.
    avionic
    avionic
    Skyguy hasn't been active in 3 years
    avionic, I am wondering what your availability/interest would be this summer to rework one of my HK 330b's. Both are starting to get soft transistor hiss. Do you work on HKs as well as Yamahas? What would a ballpark range be for the problem transistor + cap replacements? These are my oldest pieces of equipment, but I really do like the sound of them. Thanks for any thoughts... Joe Smith, Des Moines
    Thank you SO MUCH for the reply regarding the loose wire in C-4...amazingly generous of you!

I thought that might have been it, but how do it get it to stay in the hole? I can do very BASIC soldering...is that necessary?

Also, do you think this wire being loose would create the problems I described? (strange output on L/R - Treble/bass - on the phono stage?)

Thanks AGAIN!
    I'm have questions regarding a Yamaha CA2010 amp. First, are the switches for the input selector, etc open enough to be easily sprayed with deoxIT and second do you have to only remove the wooden cover to get to them. Thanks, Bob. A direct email is robertwhouston@yahoo.com
    I might look at this page once or twice a month--Send a PM and you'll get a quicker response!
    Hello Dave!
    I'm a big Yamaha fan (not as big as you,though!) I have an offer in for a CA-1000 with somewhat weak output on both channels. Any ballpark figure for getting it in shape? I won't hold you to it because I understand you might find more things that need to be done, but I would like some idea of cost. Thank you and I thoroughly enjoy your posts!
    Dick
    (bmbfan)
    Hello Avionic, how are you?

I saw some post from you on transistors replacement and I saw you are an expert.

I need to replace two transistors in my Sansui AU-317 amplifier. They are 2SD356 and 2SB526. Is it possible to replace them with similar or even better performance?

Thanks and regards.

Karl van den Berg
    Dave! MOSFET POWER ROCKS!!!!!

Well, with that said, I got a thread for you to check out. Dad and I have been working on a set of family owned Ohm's, and I thought you might be interested on taking a peek at Dad's creative work. If you want, take a peek at the "Ohm Walsh 2 Recap" thread. Hope you like it!

-Jason
    Hi Dave,
    Just a heads up for you.I got a Technics TA A650 home theatre amp in and needed the SM.
    Found it here.A place called eBid from a seller called quagwest. ( http://us.ebid.net/users/quagwest )
    Don't let the name turn you off.This was a hard to find manual and he had it for $6.99 delivered.No postage no handling none of that cheap crap.
    So if you are looking for an sm maybe this guy can help.
    Best to you,man.
    Tom
    I might look at this page once or twice a month--Send a PM and you'll get a quicker response!
    Marantz 2235 hum even at zero volume
    In search of that "perfect" piece, I have acquired a good looking Marantz 2235. Unfortunately it produces a humming noise through speakers, and I am hoping to get help figuring out how to fix it. The noise is present in all positions of the selector switch, even at zero volume. I have hooked up other sources in various configurations and so far have determined that the main amp is not the culprit. I have replaced the power filter caps, the caps in the power supply board and the tone control board (with the exception of two bi-polar caps), to no avail...
    Hello sir... greetings from another aviation buff!
    I'm wondering if you can help me out. Hours of google have turned up very little for me.
    I have a CA-410 that has a blown output (no conduction where there should be).
    Transistors in place are NLA 2SB566A and 2SC476A
    http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/HitachiSemiconductor/mXqxszv.pdf
    http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheets/37/240835_DS.pdf
    The best substitutes I can come up are On-Semis MJE15035 and MJE15034.
    http://alltransistors.com/pdfdatasheet02/mje15034_mje15035.pdf
    The collector current is the same, power disipation seems similar, but the CEO and CB voltages are way off... other parts I find with closer voltage specs have different current ratings, and from what I understand the current rating is more important?
    Sorry to pull you away from your projects, I'm hoping this is an easy question for you! ;)
    Steve
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom