slowpat
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Also I don't know if this is the right place to ask you questions. Didn't see any pm capability anywhere.
    Hi Slowpat, I'm interested in the 2325 you have for sale. I'm not local in CA though, I'm in CO. Also I'm new at buying equipment. I have a post in General Discussions asking advice on buying a vintage Marantz unit and folks there pointed me to your listing in BT. If it's not too much trouble, can you walk me through what I should be looking for? Would there be work on the unit that I would want to do or have done?
    b k st140 bias setting. on the b k st140 on bias setting. the instructions say to "Plug the amplifier into a variac. Monitor the (-) negative rail of each channel by removing
    the fuse and placing a current meter across the fuse clips." question: how is are the dmm terminals placed on the fuse clips.. one dmm alligator terminal on each fuse clip? thanks
    slowpat
    slowpat
    Yes, make sure the alligator clips have the rubber sleeve around it. The DMM needs to be put on amperage (some Fluke has high and low range).
    raycarr00
    raycarr00
    Thanks you. I gave up after trying both settings on the dmm(dc and V)and just went by feeling the transistors by touch(warm and not hot). Will try again. It was an easy rebuild. That 10uf cap in the signal path definite must as the 47uf sets the treble too high.
    Hi Patrick!
    I guess congratulations are in order. Rajoo said you are the guy who purchased these: 'JBL L250s - $1100 (Fresno CA)' Wow! I was on the phone with Mark and was talking to him about the Craigslist add and he said 'Patrick just bought them'. Very cool. So, how do they sound?
    I want to thank you for helping out on my purchase of my JBL 240ti's. They are my favorite speaker!

Regards,

Rob
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom