PR Audio
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hey there, I saw and posted on your sand paper thread. I sort of got the impression that people felt you shouldn't waste your time building speakers unless you are using the finest plywood and the most technically advanced table saw. That kind of stuff really grinds my gears. You want to build some speakers build 'em. Its a learning experience. Keep it fun otherwise you will never want to build another pair. I have built plenty of things with nothing other than a skill saw and some saw horses. Look at it like this, the money you save not buying a fancy table saw can be invested in more audio stuff...and beer.
    I just read this, as I haven't been in the forum much...Well, it wasn't CJ personnel who told me so, it was Jim McShane. He ran the numbers and advised against it. He offered KT120, 90 and 88, he favored the Gold Lion KT88, but I had KT90's and enjoyed how it sounded, so went with EH KT90's. I like how it sounds, but in retrospective, my house being concrete I should have gone with the KT88 in order to control the bass.
    I read one of your posts about the Conrad Johnson MV75A amp not being compatable with the KT120 tubes. When I contacted C-J about tubes, Ed sent me an email telling me they use EH6550's or KT120's (didn't specify a brand). So now I'm confused. I need a set of tubes, but don't know what to get. I have 2 GE6550A's and two Phillips tubes now. The Phillips were last minute replacements for two Ge's that died in the past year. What tubes do you run?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom