Kegger
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I can't seem to post on his memorial page, but just wanted to say that I met Kegger at an AK event, and had some correspondence with him after. Great guy, super smart, always ready to help. RIP Kegger, you'll be missed.
    Dear Sir, I looked back and found the list. I am new here and am finding my way around. Thanks for your time. Gerry
    Paul, im sorry ive been out of touch lately, i had some health issues. Please let me know when we can discuss the alternatives,.
    Marcos
    Hello ,I was thinking of converting a hp200cd or 200ab to a audio amp
    is the output transformer suitable ? how did yours sound
    I guess I would have to stay pushpull with that transformer
    thanks
    I'm interested in the 6LU8 amp build.
    Do you have a schematic for the entire build? I'm sorry if I am missing something on the post, but I can't seem to find the link to the schematic.

Steve
    Kegger,

Any chance you can change the title of my thread in Tube audio from Maggie 8304 Amp Chassis to 9304?

Thanks,

X
    Hey Man!
    Sorry I missed your call.
    try back anytime during the week. I will be on vacation next week but returning later.
    Hit me up when you can.

I hope you're well.
    M
    Hi Kegger,,
    Hope I'm doing this right,,, I just mistakeingly posted a new thread in teh tube forum,,, Its titled "Two Fer",, I meant to put it in vintage SS,,, can you point me to the right direction to change it?
    Regards,
    John
    Page2
    Only 24 more elf days till Christmas, I'm making a set of transmission line speakers out of oak (solid with 1/4 ply laminated, 3/4" oak ply and DMF)for the son, to go with his hybrid headphone amp, and sweep tube power amp. Almost ready for the sanding marathon prior to seal, stain and finish. (more work than I thought, but the head elf may make a pair for himself)
    I found a cheap MP3 player on sale at Parts Express for ~$13, SD or USB input, with little remote. I used a 4 AA batt to power and spliced a 1/8 stereo phone to the output. I listened to it last night and was impressed that it sounded as good as my little SANSA mp3 player. You just drag your files over to it, I just pulled from the SANSA player using the computer as a drive location.
    Enough BS, hope you are doing well.
    Eric
    George is posting info of the 9pin Maganovar *GB5 family in the sweep tube family on the big red board post. I'm going to try to play with those next. He mentioned that he can get 100+watts/channel out of them in PP without plate glow.... I found a couple sets of 18GB5's and a 18volt ct 4amp transformer to warm them up. I did a quick PCB mod to the 6AC10 PCB for LTP and CCS to drive them.
    I've got that lined up behind the quad spud PCB, just need to order 2 watt resistors for it and etch the PCB. I don't know if the 6LU8's can drive 6.6k outputs with little feedback, time will tell. over Christmas project.
    I posted the KEG-EAR amp on the Parts express project page but left the driver tube info off. Left a note to check out the audio forums, maybe we will get more converts from the dark side.
    Hi Keg,
    Thanks for getting back to me regarding the repair of the Cayin headphone amp HA-2 model. I am located in Spokane and think chances are not good to get it fixed here. You have any suggestions? Thanks.
    Kegger hi there. Today I put up a thread wishing to alert members to take care when dealing with an ebay seller. This has not been an appropriate thread to start as my experience I shared is not being seen as a mere caution neither does it seem to count with many members as the enquiry I was making with the seller, during which he took deceptive measures on his site and wrote message replies which showed he was being "dodgy" did not end in being a firm transaction so members feel I am just being critical..So is it possible to cancel the thread at my request ? Or at least can I get the subject line changed from a seller to avoid to a seller to take care with or something that means same...Thanks Laurie McFadden The thread is titled Eboy seller to avoid and is in DIY forum dated 16 Aug 2012. Thanks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom