Art K.
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Art, looks like you can help me on speaker recomendation. Actually i own Rega p3 + 1042gx and a headphone set up, where i listen rock/bues/soul from 60's to 80's.
    Wich ones you recommend: harbeth P3esr or 40th, Spendor A1, 3/5, 4/5 or Tablette 10, 10 signature?
    Sugden 21 SE are ok for your recomendation or better primare, hegel, lavardin?
    Do you think Primare Pre can work well with Sugden power amps?
    thanks!
    Y
    yoshi_jan
    what would be your choice between this ones, can you rate them by your preference? i really want something musical.

did you tryed schiit aegirs?

thank you

Pedro Janeiro
    Art K.
    Art K.
    I did not try the Aegirs and I have never heard Copland. For me it would be a toss up between the Line Magnetic and the Leben. Both sound awesome. For sound alone, I believe the that the LM might have the edge...however the Leben would be close and it has the intangible beauty and Japanese build quality.
    Y
    yoshi_jan
    Thank you Art! :)
    Reactions: Art K.
    These kinds of questions are better in PM's. Hums can be difficult to track down and so I would post the question in the Turntables forum. It's the work week for me so I won't have time to really look at it until the weekend. I will say that some of the Fono Min's have a loose board and it needs to be opened and lined up correctly to make sure that the contacts for the ground are where they belong. Hard to explain without holding it in hand. Anyway, hope you are having a wonderful week.
    Hi Art, Let me know if there is a forum already for this but I am having trouble with a hum in my system when I use the Rega Mini A2D phone stage. It is not present until I introduce the A2D into my set-up. I have tried moving the power cord around, varying the plug in location (including in my amp and in other wall outlets), but cannot locate the source. I am puzzled because I thought matching the A2D to my Rega RP1 would be a natural fit. I notice it at low volumes and it is driving me nuts. Have already replaced the phono stage once so believe it is with my set-up. Appreciate any advice or forward to a previous discussion on this point. All the best, Robert
    I knew I had a wonderful 2 disc set with Ray and I just checked, well, you guessed it...it's Walk On. Think I'll give it a spin later this weekend!
    Thought I might share a great album. I've been on a Ray Brown kick for a while and bought a Telarc disc - Walk On, Ray Brown. Disc two has Ray Brown, John Clayton AND Christian McBride performing Three by Four. I dropped everything to write this note.
    Disc two is scary well-recorded. I keep turning my head to the door of my room to see who came in.
    The Bad Plus were awesome in Eugene (The Shedd). They are especially a favorite of my wifes's. My favorite of their albums are the first three.
    Thanks for the tip on BAD PLUS. How was the concert? What venue? I bought the Made Possible CD and have played it 3 times already today! Going back for another tomorrow.

btw, I just played Esparanza on the Q Classics and the bass is just fine. Maybe they are about broke in now since I am working at home!
    No....actually that's not true I did listen to a MasterSound and although very good it wasn't as good as the LM.
    Dear Art,

I understand you have experienced LM Audio 219ia amplifier.

I would kindly like to know whether you had a chance to compare them with similar 845 amps?

Regards
    Pulina
    Not anymore. After Northwest Audio Labs closed the closest place is now in Portland. I now contact manufacturers and ask their advice. Sure wish Jim was still open.
    Art, your new cartridge is on the way to you - I tested it myself, exclusively with the Analog Productions reissue of Kind of Blue, so it's been properly seasoned!
    Hey Art, I have Bigerik in the secret santa. I see you also live in the great white north. I was wondering if you have ever met Bigerik, and if you might know his shirt size? L? XL? Sorry for contacting out of the blue. but one must be resourceful.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom