bktheking
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hello BK;It has been a while since we communicated!! You were gracious in supplying me a replacement lamp housing for my 2275 and caps for my 2235b ( still have them!!).
    I was wondering if you have parts for a model 22 (treble pot and maybe a faceplate).

Thanxs and hope everything is well with you.
    2230 shipped to ak'r in MI, Citation 16s collecting dust! Parts coming in for the Bryston on Monday- Bedini 100/100 on route for refurb.
    2 resto's going right now- Citation 16 and Marantz 2230 then I have a pioneer sa coming in to redo, going to be a busy month.
    Hi Brad,

I'm refer to you by Tom in order to restore a Marantz 1150D that was bought brand new many years ago. This Dolby integrated amplifier went through by several repairs always for the same reason. One of the output channel after few minutes, cuts. I've been told that it could be one of the Dolby component. Can you tell me approximately how much it would cost to restore this Marantz. Forthermore, can you tell the city that you live in order to figure out the shipping charges from Montreal, Quebec. You're prompt attention to this request wil be very appreciated. Thank you Brad to reply to my message. Michel
    Brad I have not had time lately with the house remodel going on to get a replacement tube and the 12 pin socket.
    I have been watching for a nice 12 pin crt harness like on the older 25" tv's
    4440 hasn't arrived yet, an ak'r from BC sent me his accuphase e202 at Echowars recommendation, thanks for the Glenn, a huge honour indeed. It's been repaired and now I will order parts for a full restoration.
    HH Scott back in Ed's hands, 1250 back to Joe. Au/Tu stack on the bench being restored. Vintage is shipping the 4400 next week.....
    Just an update- i'm almost done the sx1250 for JoeC, i've got one more Pioneer receiver to repair for Rushfan and i'm going to take the month of october off from repair/restoration. I have a week long work function to attend in Quebec City so it's better if there are no expecations. I have one unit in the queue, a 4400 for Vintage Plus when he gets around to shipping to me. Ed Dantes HH Scott is partially done, waiting on parts so I may be working on it in October.

Cheers
    List was sent Gope enjoy. For anyone else wishing to receive the 1060 cap and resistor list just pm me your email address. About this list- Leestereo and I spent a lot of time to compile sooooo, it's not for distribution.

Thanks all
    Hi!
    I'd be grateful if you'd share your parts list for Marantz 1060. Just saw your great restoration thread here and wondering if it's not a problem for you? My amp is 220V european version, still on original parts. I found it in one of the thrift shops here in Ireland. It sounds sweet but there's a little hum in it so I think I need to search for new caps at least. I own 1070 which I did recap myself, using elna silmic II and Nichicons for filtering caps using all values the same as in manual. This was my very first restoration project and I'm very happy with the result. I see your approach is based on finding the best(not necessarily dearest) parts available what make this amp sound even sweeter than in 70's. I also noticed you don't follow the values stated in the manuals too. I would be very interested to go the same way.
    Best regards
    Marcin
    Hi, sorry to bother you in message but do you recommend getting a auto ranging meter? I come from the headphone hobby and have 0 experience at electronics or DIY, but I want to try to build some headphone cable for myself as well.
    Hi Brian, yes I can work on SS and Tube gear- i'm not a pro aligner by any means however I do have the know how and some gear to do it.
    Besides Yamaha, what other brands and services do you offer? Tube? SS? FM alignment? There is nothing worthwhile for quality repairs any longer in Toronto. I especially have a Fisher TX300 early ss amp and the matching TFM300 hybrid tube/ss tuners needing recapping and an alignment. Both work bit the transformers are running hot so caps are the order of the day. These are 1st gen SS designs using germanium transistors.
    It should find its way under my tree! I have the 2, 8, 10, a chance at a 20... would just be missing the 6 then. Do I have a problem?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom