heyraz
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• heyraz,
    If you still have the Harmon Kardon T65C, would you be so kind as to post the dimensions and weight of the supplemental counter balance weight. I recently purchased one and that weight was not with it. Thanks
    I’m from Toms River , will You give Me the Contact people or place for so I can call them .
    Thanks , Larry
    Got your message about the Peerless transformers. Not sure what was original in mine, some direction is required. Question: Are the form factors the same? any difference in circuitry? I'm interested in what you might have. The P.O. had installed a UTC HA 136 as a substitute which seems to work pretty well. The chassis is intact and not "modified" for the UTC. Thanks again for your reply.
    Hi Heyraz,

I would like to do some mods on the power supply board and wondered if I could ask you a few questions.

1. How did you remove the stock caps on the power supply board?
    2. Instead of Panasonic caps is it possible to use other brands? eg. Mundorf?
    3. Did you any special solder?

I have already changed all the opamps to 637s, the output caps are mundorf silver in oil and I have mazda 12ax7 on the output tubes. How much do you think in percentage would the power supply mods improve the sound by?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Vinylgeorgea,
    Not a problem but it will take me a couple of days to gather my thoughts (it's late right now), put it to paper and include some photos.
    In a nutshell, all I did was try to reduce ripple and drain off any AC that might have coupled to the DC rails. Clean power in means clean sound out.
    Until then-Have a Happy New Year
    Dear Heyraz, I would truly appreciate if you could send me details of your work on the power supply of the JD-9A. I would like to do some mods. Thanks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom