Tom in RI
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks for the invite, Tom. Evenings this week are booked up, but perhaps sometime in the near future. I'll plan to drop you a line soon.
    We've been in Rhode Island since 2014, but have been fixing up a foreclosure property we're living in over the last year, so it feels like we're just unpacking in some ways. An AK get-together sounds like a ton of fun; it's just hard to commit weekends when you have two kiddos. Maybe with a little planning...

I've got a pair of KG-4s that I finally got enough smoke smell out of to bring inside. They are supplanting my CS-99a's which I'll probably need to figure out something to do with down the road. I'll go ahead and ask what sort of speakers you're trying to move on out, but I probably need to hold off on any new acquisitions until I can clear something out.
    Hi Tom,
    We relocated to RI a while back and are finally starting to get settled in some. I pulled out my old SX-1010 the other night and discovered that it has a few more issues than it did when we packed it up in Texas over a year ago. Day used to to be that I'd try and jump in with both hands, but with kids and work I'm more inclined to pay someone who knows more about what they're doing (plus building a workbench is on my long "not done yet" list of home improvements). I noticed you recommended a guy named Bob (who is located very conveniently to our home near Hoxsie) to amante a little while back. Does that recommendation still stand for rehabbing a receiver?

Thanks,
    Ross (mclendo)
    Tom, How did you make out setting up those Vandersteens? BTW - what's your email address?

Mike
    If it's the one in Westford, MA on or about February 16th then no…I really want to go to that old radio get together but I teach at CCRI and the choirs have a tour right at that time…I'm bummed. If there is something going on Clinton, please let me know! Thanks for looking for info regarding the guy north of TF Green…I'll give him a shot!
    Hi Tom, noticed you live in RI and in fact live in Warwick where I work. Just wondering, do you happen to know of someone who is near that works on older receivers? I'm belong to Audiokarma because one of my hobbies is vintage speakers but I have a few receivers and a ham radio that could use more knowledge than I have or time. I've looked and can't locate anyone unless I start reaching into MA. Happy New Year, -Joseph
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom