vinyldavid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Hi vinyldavid. Did you ever figure out the problem with the quite output of your Tascam M-30 in 2008? I have a M-35 with the same problem...
    Hi Vinyldavid, I saw a post of yours from a decade ago saying you had a PDF of the manual for a Heathkit AR-1500. I just got one at Goodwill, any chance you would share the PDF manual with me? My email is clucking@gmail.com Thanks, Charles
    Hi, This is Captron who contacted you about having two Russco Cue Master tt's. I have them both running and they need tonearms with headshells and I have one now and awaiting another from Britain. Please go to my album to see photos of the Aluminum face Russco. I will post photos of the Brown face one tomorrow.
    Ron Lassiter
    I was reading a thread about younger audiophiles and saw you were from STL so i thought i'd say hey. If you're looking to buy or sell or just hang out lemme know!
    Hay man! The record show (On Kingshighway and Landsdowne at the Czech Center) is tomorrow, are you planning on attending? sheltie dave have been discussing setting up a couple tables for stereo gear, and I'm getting my own table to try to raise some funds for an upgrade or 5 (Decware fleapower tube integrated)... If you're interested in getting a table, they're $35 each, and you ought to be able to display 12-15 items on one. If not, take time to gas up and come see the vast quantities of vinyl and collectibles available, it will be worth your while. It will be good to see you too! I've been remiss in planning a visit to see you, and we can do something about that. Mike
    Is that a Sherwood Newcastle DVD player? If it is and you are interested in getting rid of it, let me know
    Hey, from youtube, youtube is being lame and not accepting my reply its erroring out, anyways right now im just using my receiver Harmon Kardon 354 7.1 it has pre outs, i have an amp designer friend building me a custom triode tube amp triadaudio.net, yep i plan to replace the technics heads with some JRFMagnetics extended frequency heads sometime, im going to a headfi dot org meet tomorrow to meet mr tape project himself Doc B to see about getting some upgrades, the RIAA tape external preamp will be done by amp designer friend.
    Hey David,
    Did I read correctly one day that you were looking for a copy of Return to Forever?
    I picked up one if you would like to buy a copy, I have it already. Let me know if you want it.
    You go ahead and set your system and your room up the way you like them. Anybody that says you are wrong for this reason or that is out of line 'til they have been there and have heard your setup and have sincere recommendations on how it may be improved. I'm with you 100%!
    Hey there, I moved the cue arm down and when I do that, the pinch roller comes down with it and therefore, it doesn't reach the capstan, so the tape doesn't really move.
    In your last message, you said that if the deck is in cue mode, it will eat the heads, is cue mode down or up?
    thnx
    Thomas
    Dunno about the reel motors....so I'll get back to you on that...I need to do some maintenance on my A3340S, so as I go along, I'll look for what you mention...haven't been inside it in over a year.

91% is fine. Used it for years.

With NEW tape....get RMGI LPR35 to start with...that is most akin to what the Teacs were biased for back in the day...about $50 per reel.

Moving the cue level DOWN will save your heads, if you fast forward or rewind a tape with it in cue mode, you will eat heads like no other.

I play the R2R tape deck :p
    Hi again, forgot to mention...

What about cleaning the Capstan?
    If I do it with alcohol, isn't that bad for it to touch the pinch roller?
    Do you know where to find rubber cleaner?

Also, do you know how to clean the capstan motor, belt and do you know anything about it in general?

Sorry to ask SO MANY questions, I am just so interested in this brand new frontier.

I have pretty much ONLY experienced guitar playing for the last 13 years.
    Do you play an instrument?

Take care,
    Thomas Wright
    Thnx for the reply...
    What kind of tape is reliable and doesn't shed?
    Yeah, I thought something was wrong when I saw the huge amount of grime build-up.

So, moving the cue lever down will help?

I just bought some Isopropyl Alcohol yesterday, it is 91%, I read that using 95% and higher is optimal, I've also heard on AK that this guy has been using 91% alcohol for a very long time and has had no problems.
    Should I clean all those things you mentioned with the alcohol?
    Anything better?

What about cleaning the reel motors and oiling them?
    Do you have to take them apart?
    I know that a syringe is necessary.
    Thnx gain dude,
    Thomas
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom