jaymanaa
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Should get her opened up and some voltage readings tomorrow. I think I have a pair of every 6SL7 ever made.
    I'll have to look through my files, give me until tomorrow (Saturday). Sounds like you could have shorted filter caps (the can ones), or a shorted PT which you could check by ohming out the primary, and ohming the primary to ground.
    Hi,

I see you have worked on the Lafayette 250a . I got one of these recently and it is blowing fuses when I switch it on. Would you have a schematic by any chance?

Thanks,

Albi
    Oh, make sure to get the otter box with it, which has a handy stand on it (like a Fluke meter) for watching video etc....
    I really like it. It seems, and feels tougher than the hydro extreme Kyro I had before which was bullet proof. It really has some heft to it. Plus the battery is unreal. It shows you in percentage what it's charged to and it took like a day and a half to fully charge it, but then it will go like 4 days easy. Great for a guy who forgets to plug it in all the time. I would rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars, just because nothing is perfect.
    J - How do you like the Kyocera? I'm looking to replace my FIFTH Samsung "smart" phone and also need something a bit more durable. Feedback about your experience is valued.
    Hi, Snow(Dan Roberts) told me you were looking for 6DJ8's. My email is kve777@gmail.com. What are you looking for? Budget?
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Hi hope all is well. I have a question. I have a Jolida tube amp uses 6550 tubes. I purchased it on barter town. It will play but when it gets going I will get a feed back sound or squeel from both channels. It will keep going when the volume is down. I can flick the tube and it will stop or ˆ*I can also flick the base between the two tubes and it will stop. It seems when this is occuring I can not set the bias between the two 6550 tubes. When it is not occuring sounds great. I do not think it is the tubes. Are most things in a tube amp fixable. Any idea what it could be. I know you are a tube guy so just asking. Thanks Ken
    Hi Jaymanaa,

I have a Fisher KX 200, I was reading some forums looking for useful mods and saw in one you mention that you're quite familiar with the amp and have some note on what you've done. would you mind sharing you're notes or explaining some of your most useful mods for it?

Thanks.
    Yes, I'll do a run down on it after it's singing and I have some measurements. I would have done a full blown thread, but didn't want to be badgered by the local resident Scott guru. :)
    Hey Jay,
    Any chance I could get a more in depth review of what you are doing to that Scott you're working on? I viewed the pics you posted and couldn't quite figure out what you had done(which isn't unusual).
    Mike
    Yo dude... waz up?
    jaymanaa
    jaymanaa
    Man it's been crazy around here the last couple weeks. I'm going to 6 fricken doctors for a work comp claim an I'm taking Terry bluelite to his doctor appointments because he doesn't know I think I have two more Docs to see, I saw a quack doctor yesterday to see if I was nuts, he said I was normal (ha fooled him eh?). :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom