EddyR
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Eddy. I took apart my AR3 midrange and the voice coil is broken in two spots. If I sent it to you with $ would you be able to rewind it? John 520-272-5480
    Hello Eddy,

I wanted to say thanks for adding a more recent comment to an older AEI speaker thread. I happened to come across a pair the other week. Interesting enough, I noticed that you are from Concord. If a native, then I'm sure that the name "Mac Victor" is nothing new. I grew up there and scored my AEI's in Charlotte - where I now live. Thanks again for the added info.
    Hi Eddy, I saw a very old thread where you opened up a dead midrange for an AR3 and took a shot at getting it work. I was wondering if you still had the pics you took from that project and would email them to me? I just restored two AR3 speakers with a third one used as a donor from the previous owner. They sound great with new pots and cap but I know first hand what a pain those midranges can be and that they are likely to die some time in the future. In fact, I have two dead midranges I kept from the process with the idea of opening them up and seeing if the aluminum leads broke somewhere in there. My email address is amante@ccri.edu --Many thanks, -Joseph
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom