superdog
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have an oddball item and was wondering what it would be worth..i found some cool ols crown es-14 cabinets. Of course the speakers where gone but what is there is the controller board for the electrostatic tweet and two crossovers .. I would love to restore them but just can't right now. So i thought someone would be able to make use of them.
    superdog
    superdog
    Not familiar with what you have.Pics would be nice but to be honest probably not worth the effort if the drivers are gone.
    T
    TXjohnny
    Thanks I am reusing the cabinets for something else but i was reading about those crazy things and the people who have them rave about them i was really hoping to find someone that would have a need for parts
    Do you have a repairman near Colorado Springs, who could fix a bad RCA jack connection on a Sansui AU-7700?
    I got the unit apart, but failed to fix it because I was afraid of damaging the PCB.
    Thanks in advance!
    Kind regards,
    Cary
    Dr. Ears
    Dr. Ears
    I didn't get a good feeling after speaking with them.
    Do you use anyone in Pueblo?
    superdog
    superdog
    There is one place in Pueblo called Steves Electronics who believe it or not focuses more on tv repair.I had him do a couple of things like lights and restringing a receiver but the majority of the time he says he cant get parts for vintage stuff.To be honest I wouldn't recommend him.This is one of the reasons I moved away from vintage especially non working vintage.No qualified or good repairmen.
    Dr. Ears
    Dr. Ears
    Thank you, believe me I understand.
    It's just one cracked solder joint.
    do you still have the mcs 3260 and if so would you be interested in selling it?
    superdog
    superdog
    Sorry but i sold that when I started downsizing a few years ago.Ron
    Sorry I am of no help technically.I just have a R117 and think it is a fantastic unit.$250 is a very good price if all is working.Scratchy volumes are common.Aftermarket remotes are available on ebay if yours is too much trouble.Original remotes are scarce and pricey when they do come up.I run my r117 with a set of JBL L112 and AR94s.Enjoy,Ron
    Post Script -Any other recommended experts on the R-117 I should query here is appreciated
    thnx again
    Hi Superdog-I enjoyed the dialogue re: the Luxman R-117 & have a chance to purchase one for aprox $250. OBO & would appreciate your thoughts, comments & advice on the following issues w/the unit posted by the seller.
    " the remote works intermittently at best. When it is working, two other problems are eliminated which are a scratchy volume control and a power switch that has an unconventional way it powers down. The light on the CD Straight function does not come on, but it appears to be working fine. When the volume is set, there are no issues and it plays beautifully "

I'm not worried about the "Power" switch or "volume" -should I be ? but more baffled why the remote seems to be soo temperamental.

BTW -I presently have a R-113 & really love the lil guy & using a Klipsch "powered" bass ProMedia 2.1 as a pre amp. & recently bought a pair of beautiful Canton Karat 920s to compliment anice pair of Infinity RS-425s. Any issues with the speakers & a R-117 ?

thnx, jimbojam
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom