mattsd
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hello Matt I have a set of HPM100's 200W that I desperately need recapped. Would you be able to to that for me?
    mattsd
    mattsd
    I certainly can, PM me for details.
    Matt, would you be interested in repairing/restoring an Onkyo P-388f preamp? It's in real nice shape but I get No Output out of it no matter what input I use. I swapped in my Parasound Zpre and the rest of the system works fine. The power light comes on on the 388, the relay clicks but nothing out. Let me know. Thanks

Perry
    Do you know how to move a thread? I posted one under turn tables and need it in tubed audio. Thanks matt
    Hi Matt!
    I guess you are the Man to go to . I recently picked up a 1250 that needs to be restored. Can I get an estimate?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    matt....sent you a message on your blog page thought i would do the same here....i have a sherwood s9910 in need of repair.....interested in bringing it back to life for me.....pm me here or at my email....awallace.1@fuse.net.....thanx
    Hi Matt. I saw you in the threads, figured maybe you can help. I just picked a single-owner near mint (cosmetically) SX-1980 on Craigslist for $800. I'm getting no soft start relay. All voltages were normal on the protection board until I got to the amplifier output.

pin 6: 1.9v
    pin 3: 75.4v !!!!

Any advise would be helpful and appreciated. - Aaron
    Hello Matt,

Can you please give me the last order sheet or invoice you have for replacement caps for Pioneer sx 1980? This way I just copy it. Do you buy all the caps from the same place? Now that would be real easy.

Thanks
    Mark Cianciolo
    Hi Mattsd,

I was hoping if you weren't too busy you might see the post from last Saturday about my SX-850 and weigh in.

Thanks!
    glad to meet you matt
    its so nice to see your rs equ board.iv been a fan for 40 years.have alot of their recivers and speakers,stuff.spinning vinal now on a lab 440 with a rs v15 cartage and ed sanders needel,on a sta 235b reciver,4 4024a mach1s.also have several others.
    live near wheelersburg,maby were close?love learning about this stuff.hope we can talk sometime.
    tinman.
    Hi Matt
    I'm new to this site. Found your name searching google for someone to repair my pioneer sx1010. I'm original owner. Local guy says he can't repair it. Do you do this? Can you do it? I live in Salem Mass and would ship it to you. Let me know. Thanks

pat7
    I got in touch with him and we had a nice talk about the 9090 and then the conversation went onto several other things audio related :) Thank you for referring him Steve!
    Hi, Matt. Can I get your phone number to relay to a customer with a problem with his Sansui 9090DB receiver. Or, can you call him direct at 949-722-2500, or email him at gozz40@att.net. His name is Larry Gosselin.

Thank you very much,

Steve Herbelin
    Herbie's Audio Lab
    He replaced any defective caps (which there were 2, I believe) and cleaned the boards. I don't believe he re-soldered anything or upgraded anything. So "fully restored" may not be the *best* term.

As I asked in my thread, I would love to know some brands that you used or would recommend. Money wouldn't be an issue for this project, so I'd love to know you' opinion.
    Hey, I was reading your reply to a post about your SA-9500 ii. You said you recapped yours. I was wondering if you had any tips to enhance the quality of the amp or what caps you used.
    The one I have is fully restored, but I would love to make it "better" if possible.
    I have a PL-530 hooked up to it and it's driving a pair of older NHT Threes.

I would appreciate the help!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom