vigman
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• sorry, taking kids on vacation. will be back in a week, please hold i will post everything. Really appreciate it...

From one car/audio guy to another''
    david
    Hello! Back in May you'd helpfully commented on my Sansui BA-3000 project. I've finally revisited this unit, and have posted current activity. Hoping to see you on the thread "BA-3000: Pristine Amp Proves Lifeless". Thanks.
    Mike do you have a a picture those two type of boards. It can be different only because bias transistor, some type of ba3000 has bias transistor on power stage heat-sink and some of them has bias transistor on driver board... now I am not at my home so I cant check details, but I will be for two day...
    Ok... I mean: Mike, it is very difficult for me to describe the procedure on English
    I dont have EDIT option here....
    Mike is very difficult for me to describe the procedure in English, because maybe you do not know, my English language is not great.
    But I'll try...
    Here it is one web link where you can see pictures how I did that job on one potentiometer
    http://sound-news.net/index.php/forum/refresh-restauracije/3568-zamke-kod-restauriranja-vintage-uredjaja?limitstart=0#7679

Another solution is if the potentiometer shaft has a hole, when you're done with cleaning, in that hole you should put the screw to connect mechanism to the shaft. The screw you can fasten with Loctite.
    Mike, sorry, I dont have those parts... I had some parts from AU 20000 but I sold them on ebay, just left two small black knobs from the same amplifier for selling... sorry.
    About protection relay, I have to see which type I installed, but when I will be at my home... about cap list, at my stock I always have the main values of capacitors, and if I dont have some of them, then I order them, because I must wait more than two weeks until I get ordered parts... so because of that I dont make cap list when I am starting some restoration job on vintage unit.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom