rBuckner
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello,
    I hope this is the correct way to contact you.
    I was looking at an old thread and saw you had a copy of the service manual for the Panasonic 8131A RF signal generator.
    I would very much like to get a copy of it if possible.
    Thanks,
    -Mac
    Hello Jim, I have been reading some posts that you had of the Marantz 2600. I'm going to have mine worked on. I'm going to have the main filter cap, power board caps and speaker relay replaced. I wanted to ask you if you were able to design a protection for the transformer? I would like to include this fix/protection during the restoration. Thank you for any help that you can provide.
    But I did take enough voltage measurements to convince myself that the problem is not the trans. So now I'm not sure what to do. Do I send it off somewhere to be repaired? (and god knows what that will cost) Do I attempt to repair it myself? (there is a good chance that I am out of my depth here) Or maybe I put it on ebay "as is" but with the caveat that the trans is good. (to be continued)
    After some intense googleing, I had convinced myself it was probably the toroid trans, otherwise he would have had it repaired. 30 years ago i was an electronic technician in the Air Force and I still piddle around a bit. I got out my trusty multi-meter and removed the cover of the 2600. Even though there is an original service manual with schematic diagrams, I am a bit intimidated by this thing.(to be continued)
    Hi. My ex-wifes father passed away and she inherited a recording studio. She has asked me to help her liquidate all the gear from the studio and there is a ton of stuff. What is of interest here is the Marantz 2600 I found sitting on a shelf in the back room. I plugged it in and of course it did not work. (to be continued)
    Thanks, I'll start there. By the way, in rooting through all my old stuff I discovered a nearly mint "Marantz 2250B Handbook of Instructions" if anyone needs anything copied from it.
    rBuckner
    rBuckner
    It's good to post to the open Marantz forum where many experienced in Marantz problems can contribute. You'll get faster responses too!
    rBuckner
    rBuckner
    Check out www.akdatabase.com and see if that manual is there. If not you can be a hero and scan it and submit it.
    Hi Randy, I came across you in Audiokarma while searching for info on my Marantz 2250B. I too am an Electronic Engineer and live in Benson, AZ during the winter. I just resurrected the Marantz after many years and of course there is hum in the power supply. Can you direct me to a site that outlines what components need to be replaced and possibly where to find them? Thx.
    I am interested in reconditioning some Marantz equipment I have.
    Some of the equipment: 3300, 250, 140, 4100, and more.
    Are you still working on equipment? Are you still in Prescott?
    Hi, another member recommended you as a possible contact in response to a thread I posted looking for a tech near Phoenix. If this is unwanted attention, I understand. However, if you are interested please get in touch. This is not Marantz gear. Or, maybe you know someone else in the area?
    Hello Randy, I spoke with Tom Williams about my Marantz 2235B that needs a little TLC and minor repair. He referred me to you and said you do excellent work. Since I live in Surprise, AZ, I am not too far from you. Can you please send me an email at: rlbnorman@gmail.com. I could then give you my phone number so we could talk. Thank you very much. Robert
    Hi Randy: I have just purchased a Pilot 602M Receiver and a Sansui AU-999. I live in Tucson. I would love to have an experienced tech work on these units to make them sing.
    Hey Randy,
    I just read the thread on the 2600, some great work. I have some Marantz gear as well that I don't have time to get to. a preamp and an amp. I cant figure out how to PM you with the new layout of AK. would you be able to get in contact with me?

my email is brewer1983@gmail.com

Kind Regards,
    John
    Hi Randy. I spoke to Tom Williams, he recommended you. Could you PM me. It's in regards to Marantz repair. Thanks
    I googled for info on the RDL HR-DSX4 and found your posts about working on its design.
    I'm trying to find out how quick the switching is (latency when you switch - or switching noise, for that matter),
    whether the feeds remain bit-transparent (output identical to input),
    and if the HR-DSX4 applies sample rate conversion if the sources are different Fs.
    Any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    kostas
    Hi Larry

I'm backed up quite a bit now. I am also about to go on vacation a couple of weeks. It would be quite awhile, check with them and see how they feel about that. Please switch to PM messages though please. Thx - Randy
    Hi Randy,
    Tom (catrafter) referred your name to me regarding a Marantz 500 amp. I have repaired a soft start problem, but there is distortion in Channel A. This unit is way too heavy and awkward for me to further troubleshoot. Would you be interested in repairing this for my customer?
    Thanks,
    Larry Parker (Morgan)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom