NoTransistors
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Seth, I now own two Dual turntables that I would like to have serviced, how does one contact you directly? or if your rather my number is Cel: 860-997-7033 or Hme: 860-788-3811

Thank you in advance

Wm
    Hello Seth,

I was looking for someone to take a look at my Dual 606. It's in good shape I just need to have restored to great condition. You can reach me by email at wmendoza@latinheartbeat.us. We can exchange contact information there if your still working on them.

Thank you so much.

Wmendoza
    Forward Message
    Hello Seth. My name is GENNADY, I have few units in need of service. 1019, 1009 and 701. Could you help me with this? I'm in Brooklyn. 9177164168. Text is ok. Or 7164168@gmail.com. Cheers. Gena.
    Hello there NoTransistors,

I wanted to ask if you are taking Duals for service right now. I've just bought a 1219, 'new in box' but (or therefore) not working. This is my first foray into turntables and it seems I've stumbled on a table that's just too good to be my guinea pig. I've decided to see if I can have this brought back to life by someone who really knows what they're doing rather than risk doing damage to a great turntable.

If you're taking tables for service, I'd be shipping (in original box) from 2011 in Washington DC. The table also has no base, so if you have one to sell I'd be interested in that as well. Any details you could give me on pricing and timetable would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time!

Joe
    Never mind, Seth! I put the platter back on the spindle, and now the idler makes contact again & it seems to be working fine. Whew! What would cause it to fail to turn the platter initially? The only thing I did with the platter off was move the speed selector through the various speeds a couple of times...guess the lube was a tad seized till I did that, eh?
    Hi Seth,

The 1219 you went over for me a couple of years back has developed a problem...idler contacts motor pulley on 45 and 78 but not 33. There seems to be just a bit too much play in the part that holds the idler in contact with the pulley at the 33 setting. Is it the idler spring or just a loose nut, do you think? Is it something I could remedy myself with instructions from you? Or do I need to "bring it in"?

Many thanks,

Peter Borten in Union City, NJ
    Hi Seth,
    I've seen numerous posts here on AK that you are the Dual man to see. I have just acquired a Dual 1219 in what seems to be decent shape. Nothing seems "Stuck" at least.

I am interested in getting this one serviced / rebuilt, and was wondering if you would be able to do that.

Thanks for your time

J Kimberlin

you can contact me @

jdkimberlin@msn.com
    Hey There - How much do you typically charge to repair a Dual 1229? I recently acquired one that doesn't want to spin, and you seem to be the guy everyone recommends...
    Hi Seth,
    I recently purchased a dual 1225 and there are some issues with it. Hoping you could assist me with it. I live in NJ and could drop it off at your convenience. My email is cowper328@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance!
    -Scott
    hello seth
    my name is frank dangelo and i just dropped off a sansui amp at Ron's in sheephead
    bay. he recommended you to take a look a my dual 1019 tt which is acting a little
    sluggish.
    im in tarrytown and can drop it off anytime.
    thanks
    fd
    Hey Seth, I've been lurking around looking for info on a recently acquired Dual 1019. Your name came up a bunch and I wondered if you would be willing to take a look. I'm in Brooklyn as well.

Thanks,
    Tony
    allman.tony@gmail.com
    Good morning Seth,

I'm wondering if you could help me out. I have a Dual 1229Q that my father owned that doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Maybe you can take a look at it for me and tell me if you could bring it back to life? How much it would be? I'm currently in williamsburg, so I could drop it off some time this week if you're around.

Best,
    James
    Hey Seth,

I have a Dual 1229 that I'm thinking needs some servicing. Im a very DIY guy but I'm finding it hard to get the info I need/am slightly nervous since it seems pretty complex. I bought it off ebay (I know, rookie mistake) a few years back. It's very clean, looks great but there were either some underlying issues.

First, the platter doesn't stop spinning after you slide the lever to Stop after the arm goes back to rest position. If I push the bracket that is slightly visible when you fold the front panel of casing down, it shuts off.

Second, I tried using the record changer spindle and it doesnt seem to sit right in the platter. The platter also seems like its not held down to the table.

Third, the motor seems a bit noisy lately. I'm assuming the whole table needs a good lubing.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know your thoughts/if your interested/ballpark price. I can bring it by, I live in Park Slope. Thanks a lot!

John
    Seth:

I have a Dual 1019 that has not been behaving properly since a recent move. Currently there are 3 problems: all speeds are one order faster than they should be (33 1/3 is 78, etc.), the cue control doesn't work (tonearm wont' go up or down), and TT platter will not maintain movement in Manual.

Would you be willing to take a look at it, and if so, can you give me an idea of what you charge for an estimate? I would be happy to bring it to your location in Brooklyn.

Thanks very much for your consideration.

ginnie
    Hello Seth,

I was wondering if you could possibly offer some advice on my Dual 1216? The motor is inconsistent lately after about a year of no use. I find that if I turn it on it sometimes doesn't respond (no humming/vibrating - nothing happens at all). Then I may come back 5 minutes later and it will start running. I took it out of the case after it stopped responding again the next day. The motor had power going to it but wasn't responding; I tapped the motor with a screwdriver and it started running.

Any advice/suggestions?
    Thanks very much for your time,
    Sam
    Hi Seth
    Joey Buckets refered me to you and said you are the Dual Guy.
    I have a beautiful and fully restored Dual 1019 in my Fisher Console. I need to replace the "grease" in the cueing pot. I have tried many things and it still lowers way too fast. I certainly appreciate any advice you could offer.
    Thank you
    George
    Hi Seth -- My name is Ron, and I have a Sony PS-X5 turntable I'm hoping can be made to work. It's in good shape but has the problem where the arm lifts up, moves over the record, then returns to the tonearm rest and the 'table powers off. I'd gladly use it as a manual, if it had a manual mode -- but it apparently doesn't. Can you work on these things? I visit NYC regularly, so would drive it in. Please reply if you can. Thanks.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom