Thatch_Ear
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hello. I just read you very helpful tube info for beginners of which I am one. I just purchased a 1960 Magnavox phonograph Model 1SC258F with a tube amp. The amp model is AMP 197 CA. I have the Sam's Foto Fact schematic for it. The amp is presently working. I intend to restore the amp. From my reading, replacing the electrolytic caps is the first order of business. Does it mater which type of electrolytic caps I use? The metal can above the chassis contains 4 caps, 40mf @ 450v, 30mf @ 450v, 40mf @ 400v, and 40mf @ 25v. The fifth and only other electrolytic is under the chassis 20mf @ 25v. Thanks for any help in advance. Any suggestion as to a preferred cap supplier would also be appreciated. I have used Jameco and Moselor and MCM for parts in the past. Thanks!
    Hello,

I saw your posts about Frazier speakers, and hope you don't mind a couple questions. I recently obtained a pair with what look like 8 inch woofers/full rangers, and tweeters with metal backs, probably cones. Unfortunately, I discover that one of the woofers has been replaced. I am not sure which is original, but the one that looks like it may be the replacement actually sounds better. Anyway, I see that you mention such Fraziers used Utah drivers. Do you happen to know the model number of the woofers and whether they can be found anywhere? Otherwise, do you have an idea of the specs and an approximate pair of substitutes? Thank you for any suggestions.

Best regards
    David Lawrence
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom