Poultrygeist
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Poultygeist! I noticed you are on AudioKarma and sometimes chime in regarding the Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3 integrated amp. I’m considering buying one as a birthday present for myself. I like tube rolling and thought the MP would be a nice addition. Do you have this amp? What do you think?

Additionally, I hope you are well and enjoying life and music. Happy to see a familiar face.

Jeff
    Godzilla
    Poultrygeist
    Poultrygeist
    Hi Jeff, the only reason I don't is because I own a Bottlehead 2a3, Magnavox EL84 and APPJ Miniwatt. A friend has one and I'm impressed with it. The only bargain in todays flea watt amps is the 4 tube APPJ/MW at just over $100. Mine has been going strong since 2009. Take care and I hope to see you sharing your knowledge here at AK especially in the OB thread.
    Paul
    Hi -- I saw you had some posts last year talking about how pleased you were with your Channel Master Stream+ and wondered if you still felt that way. Thanks!
    Poultrygeist
    Poultrygeist
    Still love it! It has a great tuner which really improves the picture of OTA transmission. It helps pull in stations that I wasn't getting with the on-board tv tuner and attic antenna.
    Poultrygeist
    Poultrygeist
    Sorry to say the unit just recently froze up and won't allow changing the channels. Rebooting doesn't help.
    Hi there. I've recently built my own pair of Frugalhorns with Coral Fe103's. They sound incredible but could do with some bass augmentation. I saw you've added a separate open bass to your Frugal's. Also read that in the Zenith H-frame you used two Chinese amps (TPA3116?) with a Behringer crossover. How'd you configure this?

Thanks a lot.
    Using Caintuck Audio Betsy speakers (plus two Rythmik subs), driven by First Watt F6. Lovely! Was wondering if you could recommend SET tube amp? Musical Paradise MP301 or new Mini Watt? Anything else to consider?
    I have been working on an open baffle project with H frame similar to the one in your avatar. I was wondering how you isolate the top portion from the H frame. Rubber feet? Did you try different options for that? The 2 chickens here would like to know.
    Thanks for posting about the 6n3 pre mated with the TPA3116. I had been running an unmodded blue/black board with a stepped attenuator in our bedroom system. The mailman brought the little preamp yesterday afternoon (and dropped it on the concrete between the truck and the house). I hooked it up bare just to test and it sounds great!
    Love your TPA3116 setup. Got any info on the sub? I know it's a bucket sub, but what driver are you using?
    PG --

Your contributions to the TPA3116 thread have been invaluable. Because of this thread, I have been opened up to a whole new realm of audio that I never knew before existed - and I have been a lifelong fan of anything audio, but unfortunately have been plagued by limited finances. You have shown that audiophile quality sound does not have to cost an arm and a leg, and I am certainly reaping the benefits.

That being said, please don't stay away too long from the thread. It sucks that there are trolls out there who insist on airing their technical prowess with stuff that is clearly over the heads of most of us, and clearly belongs in DIY or other threads. Pay them no mind -- after all, it's about the enjoyment of the music.

Keep the faith, brother -

Ray
    Hi

Sorry for bothering you.
    Largely due to your positive views of the small TPA 3116 board in the start of your post - the little red one.
    One question .
    The audio input at the top left hand corner - what plug does it use ?

I am planning to use this with a little bear tube pre in one box
    Is that a TangBand full range driver in your avatar, and if so, why the offset baffle ?
    Loved your OB+Sub setup. Very modern. I look forward to following you soon with a system to pair with a Bottlehead SE amp.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom