dyche01
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Could you assist me in refurbishing the crossovers on a pair of Altec 890a? If you can tell me what parts to buy I think I am good enough at soldering in order to replace them.
    Hi,
    Just wondering if you still have the original Midranges that you replaced in your IMF's and if so would you consider parting with them ?

Cheers,
    M.
    Reactions: dyche01
    dyche01
    dyche01
    Sorry, I passed those on to @royzilla when he was retooling a pair of ALS40's. You might ask him whether he has the ones he pulled from his pair.
    I was looking for info & opinions on Dual 1245; I may have opportunity to buy one & would appreciate your input. I am relatively new to vintage audio collecting & a complete noob regarding turntables. Thanks in advance.
    Reactions: dyche01
    dyche01
    dyche01
    I love my old Dual 1245. In fact, I am listening to it right now. The automatic functions are great but make sure they work correctly. One (relatively) common failure mode is for the arm to stop halfway between the arm rest and the edge of the record.
    dyche01
    dyche01
    Another issue that many vintage turntables have is a problem with the output cables. Forty years of flexing can cause breakage or shorts and I have ended up replacing the output cables on most of my old TTs.
    Current mancave system: Marantz 6200 TT, model 105 receiver, and 1180DC integrated amp with Polk Monitor 7 speakers.
    TTs: Marantz 6100, Dual 1245. Receivers: Marantz 2238B, Sherwood 7710A. Speakers: Bose 901 (don't judge me), Polk Audio Monitor 7.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom