O
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Opus...found an Advent 300...9 hours of driving. 300 was totally recapped and not burned in... highs were very harsh ...I left on for a day...now highs are softened and sounds just fine. With only 15 watts it likes larger more efficient speakers. Although you notice the limitations of the 300 quite early, now looking for a Advent 350 or 300 for my Daughter. Keep checking those curbside boxes in Medford.
    O
    Opus
    The strong points of the 300 is the Phono, Pre-Amp, and Tuner abilities. The amp at only 15 Watts is the weak point. Though I don't have a Turntable, just waiting to get one for the right price.
    Hook up an Amp to the 300 and it becomes a really nice Pre/Tuner. That and I really like the looks of it.

Enjoy,

Opus
    Was wondering if you liked your Advent 300. I am in Ashland, just bought a KLH Model 21 radio and it is just ok...so trying to track down a local 300 to listen to before driving to Portland or Bay Area to buy one....assuming I like it in the flesh. Also would like to hear KLH model 18 tuner to compare with Model 21.
    O
    Opus
    I am very happy with the Advent 300. Being a Garbageman in Medford I was surprised to find it. The speaker connectors are busted on it which isn't a problem. I use it as a Pre-Amp/Tuner with the Audionics of Oregon PZ3 Amp. It was designed by Mr. Holman of Apt Holman Fame.
    Ebay could be another possibility also.
    Hope I was helpful.

Enjoy,

Opus
    Rapide
    Rapide
    OK... thanks for blessing the 300. Will continue the search.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom