merrylander
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Merrylander,
    I've seen that you are the resident expert on Yamaha 20 series and I have an issue you may be able to help me with. I have a 1020 that was working fine, but now the fm light and its light do not work. I can't get sound at all if I have it set to ots, but it works fine if I use fm mono. Any ideas? Thanks for your time :)
    Hello Merrylander, I have a Yamaha cr820. It blows the main fuse on power up. I have replaced the to3's but still the same problem , do you have any advice ?
    Hi Can you help me? I bought cr-620 for a good price and i saw that it had no lights. I bought it becouse i have 820 that i have replaced the bulbs. This one has only one busted and when i chanced it it didnt light em up.
    The amp works otherwise. What to do? Where to look for the broblem? I have tried to find answers from threads here but no luck.
    I was referred here by someone on another forum, and was told to ask for "Merrylander". I am also in need of a referral for someone to works on my vintage Yamaha CR2020 receiver. It plays fine for a period of time, then just shuts off, usually accompanied by an audible pop. I have found all of the service bulletins in PDF form, however, all of the service manual PDF files I have found online are unreadable.
    Hello Merrylander. I know you're no longer restoring equipment but I'm wondering if you have a referral for someone who would be an excellent cr-2020 restoration expert. If you know of one in MN, that would be great. Thanks.
    Hi Rob, I noticed you are still active on AK. I'm new to the site and in my research noticed you are a revered member and an expert on Yamaha receivers. Also, I was informed by the moderator about your illness. I'm saddened to hear that. So, it's with some reservation that I ask this question, do you have the light bulb holders for a Yamaha CR 1000? Mine have been baked to a crisp. The unit is not powering up and I did replace a blown power fuse. Also. I've recently moved to MD. If you have any suggestions as to a reputable repair shop, please let me know.
    Regards, Raphael.
    I contacted Haileyburian who had the same problem with a cr 800 that you fixed, the notes from you were "Traced all the way back to the multiplex output... Found an open capacitor between the last two transistors. Replaced..."
    I know it's a stretch but would you know which cap that was?

Thanks

Roy
    Yeah I checked that and the grounds, they all seem OK. There is some audio coming out of the right speaker but the balance has to be on 9 on the right speaker to make the level the same on both.
    Hello,
    I have a problem with from reading earlier posts I think is your favorite subject, CR 800. I've read past posts about it but but I was wondering if you might have some ideas on how to fix it. The right channel is very low and have cleaned the pots and switches with Deoxit several times with the same result. I'm not real technical but I have restored several tube and solid state receivers and ham transmitters. I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thanks

Roy
    Thanks so much! I ended up making a blend of vinegar and lemon juice that took the tarnish right off, leaving everything perfect. However, in the process of pulling the paddle knobs off, I loosened the shaft on two of the 5-way switches behind them. Everything still works and sounds fine, but there's just a little in-and-out wobble now (I can pull the knobs away from the faceplate a few centimeters, in a way that they couldn't be pulled before). Given that there's a linear actuator between the selectors and the actual switches on the PCB, am I right in assuming that it shouldn't affect the sound in any way? Any idea if I've done serious harm to my receiver? Best regards.
    Hi Rob,
    Two years ago, I picked up a badly neglected, half working CR-2040 on a lark. Since then, I've been working to restore it to the best of my ability- thanks largely to the information in your history of posts. It sounds fantastic now. I'm at the point where I'm taking care of the cosmetic issues (new veneer, replaced missing knobs, etc).

When I got the unit, all of the (remaining) knobs and button covers were badly stained and tarnished. I tried to clean/polish a few myself and ended up making them worse. Since then, I've simply replaced most of them with clean ones bought online but it's been impossible to find some. I was wondering if you knew the best way to clean/refinish the ones that I have. If not, I was wondering if you happened to have any clean spares around that you might sell me. I'm looking for the big paddle knobs for the Rec. Out, Input Selector, and Phono Selector switches and the tuning wheel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Best regards,
    Alex
    Hi Rob,
    I have not been on Audiokarma for quite some time, and didn't know if you were still around. You overhauled my Yammie Rcr some years back. I mistakenly hooked up a pair of Spika (4 ohm) speakers to it and it blew. Major or minor, I don't know, but NO ONE around here can fix it. Can I send it to you?
    Thanks for your time.
    Franz
    replay here or direct to: mrlemans@aim.com
    It has been suggested I contact you directly to enquire if you might have a spare part in your bin. I'm in need of a rubber lamp holder for a Yamaha CA-810 meter lamp. My unit only has 3 of the 4 boots. Lamps work but I'm considering an LED upgrade and would like to have all 4 boots in place. I'll be happy to pay you your asking price. Thanks much for your time.
    have trolled for a few years....now need direct help....in alexandria, va....

my cr 2020 just developed a low (60Hz?) hum...are you still entertaining yourself by repairing/updating same, or might you be able to recommend someone nearby?

thanks
    tim phillips
    Hi,
    Thank you very much in advance for your answer.
    I need the Yamaha CR820 Service manual
    or
    Pcb component placement paper and idle current adjust values,method?
    Can you help me please?

Best Regards
    Safak TASKIN
    ta2cj
    E-mail : ta2cjj@gmail.com
    Hi there. I hear you are quite busy with repair work, so no sweat if you're unavailable but I have a Marantz 2250 with only one channel working and lights that need to be replaced. I keep having these fantasies that I'm going to fix it but the likelyhood is that I'll end up destroying it instead. Please let me know if you're interested and I could bring it by one day - have a working unit now so not in a rush.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Hey I am new to the AK site, and I hear you are a yamaha professional. I have a cr-800 that I am trying to fix. I get no signal out and my power relay no longer clicks on. I was wondering if you knew the original part numbers for the 4 power transistors that I need. I m thinking this may be the problem. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hi Rob,
    Can you recommend somebody who can refurbish my CA1010? I live in Baltimore, MD. Thank you.
    Ray
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom