ConradH
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Thanks I found your piece on troubleshooting very helpful. I have no output from any jacks. While testing I found ceramic resistor that was very hot. It still has the proper ohm reading. It’s near the small variable resistor under the selector bar. Could you advise if I should remove to test ? Everything seems to respond but no sound. I also noticed that the speaker relay does not engage. Thanks for your insight
    ConradH
    ConradH
    Hi, I try not to remove anything- measure in-circuit. Resistors will never measure way high unless they're bad. I'd start with the power supplies. Measure every voltage. If the voltages are OK, I go to passive troubleshooting, measuring everything I can (in-circuit, no power) and that includes transistors and diodes.
    Best, Conrad
    ConradH
    ConradH
    Stupid 420 character limit caused me to delete half of what I was going to say, plus I need to go to work. If you email me I'll write more. Email is on my web site if you look under "us".
    Hi Conrad, I’m new to this group. I too have acquired a NAD 7175pe. All looks in great condition but no sound out of the speakers or the headphone jack. I removed the cover and all looks no popped or leaking caps. I read your post from your journey of the repair on yours. I’m looking for suggestions on where to start on this one. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    ConradH
    ConradH
    Hi, A good visual is the place to start, but as you can see, it might not tell you much. After that, it's divide and conquer. Can you get output from monitor or other output jacks? If you can localize the problem to a board or switch, it makes things easier. I wrote a piece on troubleshooting that might be useful (or not) at http://www.conradhoffman.com/troubleshoottut.htm

Good luck!
    CH
    ty for taking the time for answering, no i only have a multimeter and basic knowledge in electronic, yes i red your page, i am not ready to replace all the caps now, but the two big ones seems easy to do, can you start me for ground testing? ty christian
    ConradH
    ConradH
    Hi, Alas, the unit doesn't care what you're ready for, only what needs to be fixed! Grounds can be tough, but start by finding every chassis screw that might connect to a circuit board ground pad. I can't post a detailed reply here (420 word limit) so email me at choffman@conradhoffman.com

Best,
    Conrad
    sir, i just bought a cr620, there is a loud hum/noise from it, i hear it from l and r channels, from speak.A an B . i hear it when the volume is at zero, i hear it on any input, but it is almost gone when i select the AM , it is worst when i move the bass pot, i suspect either the two big capacitors near the power supply , or the bass pot, i would really like to have your advice, Christian.
    ConradH
    ConradH
    Hi Christian, have you read my page on my site about the 620? I think it's a super receiver, but they all need caps. I think there's a generic problem with the lot of them, and it's one of the few units where I recommend a recap right off the bat. You might also have some ground problems. Do you have any test equipment like a scope?

Best,
    Conrad
    Hello Conrad. I got your anme from another member and he mentioned that you may be able to fix my Marantz 2240. The display lamps are out,the tuner string is all messed up and I'm not sure what else. It is somewhat apart as that's the way I received it. If you can help please let me know. Thank you
    Hello.I have a Sony TA-1130 with no sound ,found destroyed trimmers for adjustments(bias and balance)replace them but i can't adjust the 25mv and still no sound....help needed.I am Anthony and i read some things you post about this amp.,and seems to me you know this device well...?
    ConradH
    ConradH
    Hi Antonios, It must be somebody other than me, as I've never worked on one. Sorry, but don't have anything to offer other than general troubleshooting advice- see troubleshooting on my web site.

CH
    Hello Conrad,

A fellow AKer suggested I contact you. I've just won an 1130 from the 'bay, and am considering having it sent directly to a good Sony tech for recapping. Are you interested in this project, and what would you charge for this?

I'm not in a rush to get it done, but I did tell the seller I'd let them know by Monday evening where to ship it to, so I hope you get this message soon. I may also PM you.

Thank you for your consideration!

Best regards,
    ChicagoTom
    Conrad- do you do any Kyocera cd player repairs? Im an original owner of one that would like to use it again, it skips and has a hard time tracking, especially longer play discs. Thanks, Jon
    Hi Conradh, my name is 2billion3. Sorry to bother you, I know your busy but if you get some time can you please check out my post in the Vintage Solid State forum under Pioneer SA-1290 Stereo Amplifier and see if you can help me solve my problem. I would be gratful for your advice, thank you.
    Conrad- the new Nichicon KA electrolytics are out. Would like your testing and opinion if them.
    Conrad,

You have a nice web site and I'm going to add a link from my site to yours.

I enjoy reading your posts, you have a reasonable, no nonsense approach that is refreshing.

Chris
    Yes, that would be me. Audio Amateur, 1979. It was originally a senior project for RIT.
    AK is my main hangout, but I also visit Vinyl Engine and Dynaco Tube Audio Forum frequently. Once in a great while I peek into Audio Asylum, but they are a contentious bunch.
    Nice to see you here on AK. It's been a long time since Sol Heumann 5th floor!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom