Tom B
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• tom I was told you have the SKI 1066ii chips(power amp) integrated circuit that I need to replace in a mitsubishi DAR-25 receiver. If so how may I purchase these-I need two-? Thanks, mrobertweiss@yahoo.com
    Tom B
    Tom B
    Mr Weiss I sent you an email
    Considering a service on a pioneer qx949. Unit wont come out of protect. All else seems to work. Scope lights up. Etc. No elec. smell. Understand its not a beginner unit to troubleshoot. But i know some and can test and solder. Any basic tips i might try to get this thing going? Hate to invest shipping on a unit that is gonna need way more than i can afford.
    Vashane
    Vashane
    Also what would be price for basic troubleshoot/ service on this unit?
    Tom B
    Tom B
    You are right. The QX-949 is not an easy unit to work on. Protect issue is usually shorts in one of the power amps that requires troubleshooting. Usually not for novices. Standard repair and service usually goes for $175 to $225. Fully restoration can increase to $275 to $325. Where are you located?
    Vashane
    Vashane
    Virginia 23451
    Hello Tom B, it's been a while but I'm back at it with the sansui six. Thanks for whatever input you may have and that you have had up to this point.
    Hello Tom B, Nice seeing you at the famous Papa Pasquale's Ravioli Shop today. Just wanted to reach out, and say "hello."
    h2o4nyc
    Hi Tom, not sure whether the messages I'm sending are coming through; please check your inbox.
    GD70 Glenn tells me you're the expert. I have a vintage Onkyo TX-37 w channels are cutting in and out. I love the sound of the unit (I'm a phono guy) but know a fix is likely way more than it's worth. Is the unit good enough to justify the fix based on today's standards or do I just buy new? And while I know you're not looking at the unit, what would be a reasonable ballpark fix cost for the described issue?
    Hello, Tom B. Was reading posts about AR and wondered if you still have those AR-3 stands? thx, Randy
    Tom B
    Tom B
    Sorry just saw this. No the stands went with the speakers a while ago
    Hi Tom

i was reading a post you made about having manuals for an electrovoice EV-1282? I picked one up and i wanted to play around with it - seems there's a bit of DC on my speaker terminals i'd like to eliminate....would be awesome if i knew which pots to turn. ;)
    Hi Tom, long time no see :) hows live in Brooklyn?

I got question. i own a Sony str-db930 receiver with a problem i can't resolve.

when i power up the unit the 2 fuses on the DC board r blowen up both at the the same moment,

Do you have a suggestion on what direction to search for?

Thanx in advance for your reply

Regards Paul,

http://www.hifiengine.com/hfe_downloads/index.php?sony/sony_str-db830_db930_v929x_service.pdf"]http://www.hifiengine.com/hfe_downloads/index.php?sony/sony_str-db830_db930_v929x_service.pdf

Hot linking to Hifi engine not alowed so pls c and p the url if more info is needed on my question.
    Hey Tom,

Send you a F.R maybe i can ask you for some advice from time to time about vintage HiFi if that's ok

Greetings from holland :)
    Hi there. I see you are in Bay Ridge and repair vintage solid state. I live nearby and collect it. I sent a friend request just in case I ever need your services.

Best,
    Daniel
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom