beej
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Beej,

Just received a PL-7 in need of some love. It turns on and spins but the auto function is in a loop. It picks up the tonearm, brings it to the edge of the record, and then promptly takes it back to the rest. Any thoughts as to what's most likely to be the culprit?
    EngineerNate
    EngineerNate
    Also, could I get a copy of your disassembly/reassembly guide? black hawk 3d at gmail. Thanks!
    beej
    beej
    Forwarded the guide and some thoughts on the auto loop issue this morning from beej1123j@aol.com
    M
    Modmail
    Any chance I can get this email as well? I have the same issue. Thanks!
    Hey Beej, was curious if you could give me some input on the PL-8 vs pL-7. Both fully auto, both QL. What's the material difference between the two?

Cheers,
    Nathan
    EngineerNate
    EngineerNate
    Thanks! Out of curiosity, if I wanted a PL-9, would you have any recommendations for finding one?

The PL-8 and 7 seem to go for similar money online, part of me hates to spend the same for the next mode down even if sound wise they're nearly indistinguishable. But I'd definitely be willing to pay a bit for the 9.
    beej
    beej
    PL-9s do not often come up on ebay but I have seen them there. And you're right, the 9 is big step up.
    EngineerNate
    EngineerNate
    Just picked up a PL-930 for less than $50 on eBay with what looks like the original PC-3MC moving coil cartridge. The stylus is probably shot but it looks like a decent cartridge nonetheless. Do you know if I am correct in assuming this is basically identical to the PL-7 aside from the color? The service manual even says, "See PL-7 manual."

Cheers,
    Nathan
    Hi Beej,
    I just brought a PL8 home and I will try to give it a good clean-up and adjustment. It is in working order already and I was hoping you could send me some documentation I understand you have to support me on my quest.
    Anything specific that I should replace when I restore it?
    My e-mail is niclas.hagren@gmail.com
    beej
    beej
    Just sent you an email with disassembly guide attached with some additional info.
    nice to meet you Beej. I too would love to take a look at the guide you made so I can work on my PL-7 (slowish 45 speed issue). my email is micahmelbie@gmail.com
    I actually picked up this TT because of all of the great things being said about it here. I love it!
    Hello Mr. Beej.

Busy struggling with reassembly of PL-8,,, I bet you can guess which reallignment issues have me somewhat stumped. Wondering if you are still the guru of a guide to such issues. My email is brettgabelman@gmail.com
    Hi beej, do you know the best protractor to use on the Pioneer PL-X turntables? (the PL-4 in particular)
    Hi beej. I was wondering if I could get your repair guide for the Pioneer PL-7. Mine is in good shape but I've noticed some speed variations recently even with the lock light on and I'd like to get that sorted out. Many thanks.
    BTW, I noticed you are in "southeastern Virginia". I'm in Chesapeake.
    Hi Beej - you must get tired of this - but I have a Pioneer PL-4 direct-drive turntable which has the speed problems issue which are a common issue with this model. The 33/45 button and speed-adjustment button work but I cannot get it to the correct 33 rpm at 50 Hz speed.

Can you send me the cleaning and disassembly guide too. tyia.
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and TT game. I have an opportunity to grab PL-4 for a good price but it's missing headshell. Only replacement I've found is the one from PL-8. To my knowledge PL-8 uses PXA-867 while PL-4 PXA-882. They look the same to me. The question is, are they interchangeable? Thanks in advance!
    Also, any other helpful hints would be much appreciated! The motor seems fine and the speed will remain constant for the most part. The speed control wheel is very touchy and difficult to keep constant and adjusted. Thanks in advance!
    Everywhere I've looked for help to repair my Pioneer turntable, someone inevitably chimes in...go to audiokarma.org and find a guy named "beej." He can help you. So here I am! My Pioneer PL5 has an erratic speed issues. Could you please help me out and share your disassembly guide for the PL5? Thanks! Lucky Jack jrothell@hotmail.com
    Hi, beej! I made an account here just to message you. I saw you post something about a guide to a Pioneer PL-5 in 2010?? Do you have this guide still??

Honestly the only thing I really need is to know how to change the needle. I am struggling. Anyway, if you're feeling super kind and helpful maybe you can shoot me an email anniepetroni@gmail.com .

I'd really appreciate it ! Thanks, BEEJ!
    Following the thread to here in hopes of getting a copy of the service manual for the Pioneer PL-7 turntable. I've got it torn apart, and I hope I can get it put back together. Follow a lot of links for the manual, but everyone wants $$$. It seems to be in good shape, but dusty with dust bunnies inside. My email is gwcurts@gmail.com. Thanks!
    Hi there beej! I recently purchased a PL-730, and it has issues holding a steady speed. Based on what I've seen here and elsewhere online, I hopefully just need to get at that switch with some de-oxit, but I don't see the way in there. If you still have a guide for this and any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom