SVI2004A
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello friend,

I just made my first post on audiokarma, and I would like to let you know, because I have read know very much about Techins SU-V4X. My thread is about power transformer used in V4X, and question was are there any technics amplifiers that share same power transformer as v4X. I would be honored if you could join my topic.

Besr regards!
    Missing ic on technics stereo console sc-170. Do you have any idea what are the audio output ic on them. Has 10 pins. Thanks in advance.
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    Post a pic of where it should be.... 10 pin usually means its a mono power ic... is there one in the other channel?
    O
    ojo®
    None on both channels when came to me. Even the heatsinks gone! Btw how do i post photo here?
    Hello Mr. Baily,

I'm following the "80's Technics integrated amps" thread.
    I wrote there because I need your help with a SU-V7X.
    So, could you help me, reading my post on that thread?
    Thank you for the hints. Inbetween all of my SA 007 equipement is repaired and up to date. None of the svi1001a were faulty. The issues resulted all from cold soldered points. Two SA 007p, two SA 007c, one 007 Eq and one SA 007t started a new live... :)
    Hello Mr. Baily
    i followed your posting over the years and I admit your know how. I´m from Germany and maybe you could give me an information about SVI1002 - Is it compatible with SVI1001a or is there a great difference between the hybrids? It would wonderful if you could answer the question. Best regards from Germany mail: uli.stoeckle@ensemble-film.de
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    I put a SVI2004A in my one... 8n use pd SVI2000 series (except SV
    I2004C) you should retire external synchro bias circuit
    C
    childofman
    Synchro bias = NFB in the service Manual? Sorry for the request but in the manual is the synchro bias not listed. If NFB would be right i would open the feedback loop?
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    It was some resistors and MA27W-A diodes
    Good afternoon, I want to join the clan of Technics owners, is there an opportunity to purchase one of these models, what do you recommend? Interested only in the musicality of the amplifier. thanks in advance.
    Technics SU-V85A
    Technics SU-8077K
    Technics SU-V60
    Technics SU-V4X
    Hi there. I just dropped off my SU-V10x with a local repair guy, and am quite concerned about the two MN1421STAs. I've read a number of your posts in various threads, and it seems like these ICs are pretty durable, and that it takes a pretty good wallop to kill them. What else can you tell me about them, other than I'll be on a longer trip that Ulysses trying to find replacements.
    Hi SVI2004A I'm from Canada looking for one a IC MN1404STE.Let me know if you have to sell. Tis is for my Technics SE-A5MK2 .
    Thanks,
    Dimitri
    Dear Sir,

What are the odds you have a functional IC MN1404STE to sell me? I'd love to bring my SE-A5MK2 back to life!!
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    Think I have a few somewhere
    Hi SVI12004A i purchased a Technics SU-G70

the surround sound amp works both channels and the main amp relay doesn't kick in

the SVI3206A chip which in turn goes to Q601 to energize the relay if i short across Q601 from base to ground i can make the relay energize and have sound though the right channel only
    the fan runs full speed does this mean the SVI chip is bad?
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    You can use SVI306 ~ SVI3206D

The C and D variants were produced 1992 onwards
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    Ebay can be a good source.... there aren't any counterfeit SVI chips I've seen or heard of. (They're probably too niche for the quantities they'd want to sell)
    Mike Sandage
    Mike Sandage
    Ok thanks for all your help and knowledge SVI2004A i wonder what the revisional changes were between the 3 versions of chips ? i read somewere that the D is the best one of the three i assuming because the D is later in the alphabet that it would be the latest revision. or maybe just a date or batch code?
    hi thx for info r771 at looks seems ok..if anything r777 possibly also suss thou .. im a learner here did you know what the colour band would of been for r780 and i cant tell at all .. i have an older technics amp i was gunna rob it from but dont know the colours... thx .
    hi im wondering if i could pick your brain a bit :) iv got a love of yours a su-g50 no lights no sound power threw fuse's and relay clicks in but not nothing else..i been reading your older posts and to me im thinking r780 , its real pale and no colours really left on it .. and the leg is blackish...would that be enough to be the party killa and if so what colour's was it so i can mach it up plss ..thx .. :)
    RustyNailed6
    RustyNailed6
    PS.. it was pumping sounds and it just died i believe..b4 i got it ...
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    R780 is 1/2 watt 18 ohm

Also check R771 1/2 watt 12 ohm
    Hello sir, You're clearly rather savvy when it comes to Technics gear so here I am.
    I recently picked up a euro su-v9 for a pittance and am curious of something. I have it set to 120V, cleaned the controls heavily and now it seems to work well/sound excellent. However the transformer seems to get pretty warm over time. The area over the heat sinks don't get warm at all by comparison. Is this normal?
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    It's not unusual... quite a few of my amps are like that... If your line voltage is 120v or under I wouldn't worry about it.
    JarredCrowe
    JarredCrowe
    Ok good, thank you. I just wanted to be sure. Also the "new class A" doesn't light on the face plate, are they usually dodgy?
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    Often they fail after moving around..... Old filaments in bulbs that age do let go from shock. 12 v axials will Dee that right again.... V909 amps on the other hand quit when the bulbs do as they feed the microprocessor/icq controller
    I seen your post where you took the output transistors out of a technics su-v8 and replaced them with something else. I have a technics suv8 with bad output transistors what would you recommend.
    SVI2004A
    SVI2004A
    Hiya... Sanken 2SA1494 and 2SC3858 are what I use, bets to do the whole channel so it's all matched.
    Audi0
    Audi0
    thx for the info. 1 whole side needs the transistors the other is fine.
    Hi SVI,
    I read your comprehensive post about Technics amps. It seems you are real fan and expert of Technics amps.
    Recently I bought SU-A800MK2. I wanted some dedicated amp to replace my previous stereo receiver SA-GX 100L.
    Sound is good as I'm not too demanded user but I'm not sure how better it is compared to my previous piece. I expected to be amazed but more-less sound is similar. I would say the same flavour vocals are bit better. I think that tone controls are better too.
    I listen it through Technics SB-C350. These have been working fine with the receiver. Some people say that su-a800 deserves much better speakers.
    What is your opinion about su-a800? Do you this amp can show more with some better speakers and if so, what would you recommend?

Best regards

Miki
    i have a question about the technics SA-560 does it have an integrated phono stage or would i need a separate amp to listen to my turntable
    Hello,

I saw that is an expert in Technics and need your help.

I have a Technics SU-X102 connected with a Tuner ST-X302L.

These two devices turn On/Off the RAK-SC304W integral control, and controls the volume the amplifier.

My question is this, the SU-X102 is "new ClassA", the tuner ST-X302L is not.

There will be some tuner "New Class A" better than this, but you can connect to the remote control system at the rear.

I also have a question regarding the SU-X102, the ones I have seen on the net do not have a fan behind, but mine has!

Thanks and best regards
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom