Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• I finally found a comprehensive article on Windows audio APIs. Thank GOD! Even the author had a tough time tracking down info, apparently.
    Science introduces an evil meritocracy to the golden ears' inclusive, democratic wonderfulness.
    What golden ears will never grasp: you can't make meaningful comparisons with adjectives; you have to use numbers. Numbers are reproducible.
    Once audio gear becomes so much about "lifestyle" as it does about measurable performance, all sorts of mischief results.
    You know, these LSO *recordings* are actually better than I first thought. It's just the performances that don't cut it. UM med school...
    There are the Golden Ears and there are the Engineers,and nary the twain shall meet.
    Make the word "audiophile" a joke: tell everyone you're an audiophile and that you love cassette tapes.
    The re-emergence of the cassette tape -- proof positive that so-called audiophiles have no idea what they're talking about.
    New computer being delivered today, one with built-in WiFi. Hope I'll be able to toss the Netgear crap.
    Currently reviewing some old, worn opera recordings featuring Giuseppe Di Stefano and Maria Callas, since reissued on CD, I think.
    Listening to some old recordings I made more than 10 years ago. I did a surprisingly good job with a Stanton 500 cart and a Motorola iMac.
    At least I don't have to install a video card anymore to get decent graphics. No extra, noisy cooling fan. Yay.
    Some people build their own computers, but I'm NOT going to do that. I've got enough tech problems as it is.
    Well, these AKG K240's do make things sound flatter after you remaster with them.
    I can see why, in these days of cross-checking studio mixes on portable devices, 600-ohm headphones might be a hard sell.
    Michael Fremer's fans will never read the publications in which Fremer gets laughed at. Fremer knows this and proceeds accordingly.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom