bjlefebvre
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Bj, Thanks for your quick reply. Since I wrote you, I have a line on a VPI that I'm going to chase. (More money, of course, but you know how these thing go,,,up up up!)
    So I will pass, thanks. Good luck with your sale.
    Regards,
    Jim
    That's a nice Denon table!. I may be interested but have the following concern:
    The spec plate calls for 100 volts. (typical voltage in Japan) How do you compensate for the higher typical voltage in the US? Is the direct drive motor speed accuracy affected by the higher voltage?
    Thanks,
    Jim
    bjlefebvre
    bjlefebvre
    The voltage difference (100 in Japan vs 110 in US) generally isn't enough to make any audible difference. I used US electronics in Japan and Japanese stuff here w/o problem.
    bjlefebvre
    bjlefebvre
    That being said, I know some folks want to make sure there are no problems in the long term. In that cases, you can buy a voltage converter on Amazon. This one (http://amzn.to/2mYwpv3) would work, but I know there are discussions of this stuff on AK. Let me know if you have any other questions, of if you're interested in coming back and taking a look/listen, and thanks for looking!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom