Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• If I had to make a turntable the centerpiece of my livingroom sound system, an idler-wheel deck would be the LAST thing I'd choose.
    Real engineers beat you to it. Sorry. You can stop thinking you made some groundbreaking discovery in your basement workshop.
    What I meant was, if things sounded all right as they were, why did you get the new speaker stands? I KNOW you wanted to try them. WHY?
    I LOVE the "ignore" function. I think I got kicked off another site because I didn't use "ignore" soon enough.
    My Grado cartridge hums. I blame myself for not consulting the 'hum database' before buying it. Lol.
    All of the bad things that newbies are just discovering about vinyl I knew about in frigging high school. smh
    You can make a phono mono adapter from parts in your supply drawer. Why on earth would you want to spend 100's of $ on a mono cart instead?
    Mastering for vinyl -- what an incredible drag. I'm glad I don't have to do it.
    Mixing establishes the relationships between elements in a recording. Mastering establishes final levels and dynamic range.
    If you want to eliminate room effects, forget speakers and get a set of headphones. It beats installing expensive room treatments.
    I had to have Moffet put to sleep. She's the cat in my "cat on audio gear" picture.
    My cat is sick. I'm her go-to guy, and I feel like a pretty useless go-to guy right now.
    Turning the volume down to safe levels -- the last thing people seem to consider. They deserve their tinnitus and hearing loss.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom