Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Gee, some of your new LP's sounds like ka-ka? Welcome to my world, 40 years ago.
    People are buying this old audio gear out of novelty appeal, having no idea at all what its limitations are. It's like a sci-fi story.
    If think cassette decks sound good, that means you can't distinguish one sound from another. Stick to your bedroom radio.
    People buying cassette decks for "audiophile" purposes have reached a new level of dumb.
    Vinyl needs a huge industrial infrastructure so sustain it, but its environmental impact is, somehow, minimal. Digital hates Gaya.
    Vinyl is made from candy-cane dust and unicorn breath, and is pressed in the Angel Factory. It's shipped to stores on magic love beams.
    "Yay vinyl!" Brought to you by the same people who lecture everybody else about "going green". "Mommy, where does vinyl come from?"
    Most "pro" audio gear is marketed to people who think they're juuuust about to break into the pro music business.
    Current favorite question on Gearslutz: "What are the most realistic guitar VST plug-ins?"
    If you make your audio gear in China, pros will just laugh at you if you claim superior quality control. You might as well not even try.
    I don't know everything about the pro-audio gear market, but I'll bet I know more than most people.
    Guy buys expensive tonearm, doesn't know whether to put a fingerlift on it or not. Asks for advice. You can't make this stuff up.
    A good rough-and-ready test of acoustic paneling: If you hear something when you rap on it with your knuckle, choose another material.
    I'm stereoizing some mono audio files. I thought I might have to re-EQ them too, but it looks like I won't have to, thank God.
    If Hirsch-Houck Labs were still in existence, Michael Fremer would be working as a copy editor in a magazine ad department.
    It must really gall Michael Fremer to have to do something quantifiable. It opens the door to rational criticism from people he hates.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom